Korina H-137

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by motis1953, Oct 4, 2008.

1. motis1953

motis1953 Member

Just pulled the trigger on a Heritage Korina H-137. It has two Lollar pickups and weighs six pounds. I need another guitar about as much as I need an extra hole in my arse. Does anyone out there have any reassuring words to console my now devastated credit card?

2. XKnight

XKnight Member

No worries, the government will bail you out.

3. motis1953

motis1953 Member

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Plug it in. Play it loud. The wallet pain will be forgotten in short order. You will smile very much.

Congrats on scoring a great guitar!

5. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

A 6 pound H137? Wow, where did you find that?

6. motis1953

motis1953 Member

I live near Wolfe in South Florida but found this on Gbase in New York. I have a Callaham 6 pound two ounce Tele that I'm deeply in love with and knew without touching this guitar that it might be right. I prefer light bodies with bigass necks. Having a warmoth strat that I put together with two Lollar blackface pickups and a Lollar blues special Tele pickup in the bridge position sold me on his amazing pickups. After playimg a korina H-137 in Wolfe's shop I was devasted by the resonance. I would have preferred dealing with Jay and Gram at Wolfe's but was able to save a few hundred bucks and having to pay state sales tax. I await delivery with baited breath.

7. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    it'll be a gem and a nice complement to the tele. those P90s shimmer and growl nicely. my 137's a TV yellow mahogany & it's prob'ly in the 6lb area. my Chapin T-bird is 6.25 of t-style goodness+.

:cool:

8. motis1953

motis1953 Member

I can't hardly stand the wait.

9. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

SWEET guitar!

Congrats....

10. motis1953

motis1953 Member

I received and have only one thing to say and that is Holy Cow.

11. Taller

Taller Silver Supporting Member

Anywhere is everywhere and nowhere is nothing.
    I've had my mahogany H137 - 2 P90s - for about a year now. It's just over 8 lbs., and is a flat out put-a-smile-on-yer-face fun rock guitar. I love it so much I bought another one right here in the Emporium.
    Congratulations!
    Pics?

12. motis1953

motis1953 Member

Took the little brute out to jam with a couple of Space Coast bands last night and had a ball with my new toy. Got to play a set with the great Space Coast Playboys and another set with a group that had Ray Charles' former baritone sax man Leroy "Hog" Cooper sitting in also. What a cool laid back cat this man is. The main thing about this particular guitar is the "fun factor", it weighs next to nothing, sounds great, and like a Telecaster is easy to operate. It was also an object of considerable curiosity as I was approached by a multitude of guitarists asking about it. The Pigtail wraparound bridge was easy to set up and unlike a lot of old Gibson's, the intonation is PERFECT. I was really nervous about this purchase because I really couldn't afford it but now that I've got it there is no buyer's remorse. If I have to dig holes or paint houses for a couple of months to keep it so be it.

13. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    congrats, bud. they're versatile as hell, IMHO, too, to boot. good for all genres and occasions - and it's my least expensive guitar...

:cool:

14. motis1953

motis1953 Member

This is an unbelievable sounding rig. Six pounds of gorgeous tone. So far one of the best guitars I've ever played.