• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Korinacaster!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
very nice! i'm close to feeding the Korina beast myself, so it's good to see that wood in use in all forms!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Just looked it up - with a formal name like Terminalia Superba, you know it's gonna be good wood!

Maxer

Nice looking guitar... great pockets of detail on that wood, too. An unusual look but I really dig it.

hippietim

Specs:
  • Musikraft Korina Tele body - was routed for a standard single coil Tele bridge - me and Mr. Forstner bit made it a humbucker route
  • Warmoth Korina neck - Cocobola fingerboard - big boatneck profile - medium jumbo frets
  • Body and neck are both finished in gunstock oil
  • Warmoth single-ply pickguard
  • Neck pickup is a Benedetto B-6 - this is a brilliant pickup - it was designed a jazz pickup but it works for anything - it is fat, warm, articulate - I love it
  • Bridge pickup is a Duncan Little '59 - meh. I think I'll change this. I have a Barden that might work in this. I didn't like the Barden in Ash - it was too bright. But since Korina is nice pretty warm it might work.
  • Fender vintage bridge and control plate
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Knobease knobs

straightblues

very nice looking guitar. Can you please discuss how it sounds in relation to other teles you've played. What does the Korina add.

hippietim

It's hard for me to compare this to other Teles. The electronics are quite different than a traditional Tele so it's tough to compare. This guitar has a very thick tone. It's very loud and resonant unplugged. I will be switching the bridge pickup out soon so it'll be a little easier to compare.

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member

My future Korinacaster...

Musikraft body - no knots, streaks and it is really resonant and light - 3lbs, actually!

rawkguitarist

Very, very, very cool Korina Tele!!

Might I suggest a pickup? Even if it's just an experiment, you owe it to yourself to try a Dimarzio Area T. IMO, these are some of the best pickups made... period. Plus, when you switch from your neck bucker, you won't receive the 60 cycle beast. The noiseless "single coil" debate was put to rest by Steve Blutcher with these beauties.

Trending Topics