KOT Gas Attack

crazyneddie

I don't know what I was waiting for but I finally got on the KOT waitlist. As soon as I got my confirmation the gas began, culminating in a full GaS attack.
So I'll be waiting a while, anyone know the current wait time?
Also, please tell me how this pedal is working for you and how you use it. Love to hear some more feedback on it!

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah there are thousands of posts about this pedal. A lot of recent threads if you search.

I have a prince of tone and love it. On the KOT wait list myself and it's at least a year at best....

Kenny Blue

Silver Supporting Member
From the Analogman website on the KOT page....

"Status as of (KOT wait list) On todays date of December 26, 2016:
King Of Tone is now shipping to people who got on the waiting list on or anytime before:
Aug 19, 2015 (not 2016)"

So that is an almost 17 month wait list .

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Grab a Prince if Rone and a new Snouse Black Box 2. Might tide you over.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I recently played a Black Box and was super impressed.
I just did this weekend's gigs with my new BB v2. I'm a big Prince of Tone fan. The Snouse seems to just have a finer control of thebgain range via the boost and gain knobs combined.

ryandfl

From the Analogman website on the KOT page....

"Status as of (KOT wait list) On todays date of December 26, 2016:
King Of Tone is now shipping to people who got on the waiting list on or anytime before:
Aug 19, 2015 (not 2016)"

So that is an almost 17 month wait list .
I don't think that's accurate. I was on the list for a while and my name came up a couple months ago. I don't know how long it was but definitely less than 17 months.

I passed on my slot when it came up...just wasn't feeling like spending a bunch, wasn't gassing. Some regret now! I'm planning on getting a POT.

jfwund

Silver Supporting Member
My wait was a week or two longer than 17 months. (July 2015 - Dec 2016). I got a regular gain model, no bells or whistles, with the thought that I could always get back on the list and get a higher gain model in the future if I liked it. Right now, I'm using both sides in "clean" mode, with the treble pot turned up a little bit on the red side. I've also cranked the gain on the red side and I use it for a less compressed drive sound that plays nicely with both clean and drive channels on my amps. The yellow side is more of a clean boost/lead boost that stacks nicely with other pedals or with the red side. It definitely cuts bass, and I'm not sure how much of a mid push it has, or if it just cuts bass enough that the mids are accentuated, but it plays well with both my Mini Rec and my Mark V. Very versatile pedal, and I like it at least as well as I liked my Blue Note and it works a little better for me than the Timmy did (both of those are great pedals, though). I might still like my old MO better, but it didn't play well with my delay or modulation pedals, so that's a moot point.

I could see where the higher gain option would be very useful for playing only through a clean amp, or if you wanted to use this primarily for sustaining lead tones and needed more volume than the distortion mode can give, but between my Mesa amps and my Zendrive pedal, I have those options covered. I'm pretty happy with the regular gain model right now. It's early days of course, but while I don't think it's the be-all, end-all of pedals, it's really good. Depending on your rig and what you need an OD for, I'd say the KOT, the Blue Note, the Timmy, or a good Klone or Tubescreamer are all good, if slightly different, choices. I wouldn't put everything on hold for 17 months, but for the price (definitely reasonable for a double OD pedal), it's worth getting on the list and trying it to see if it works for you. Given the used market, it's doubtful you'll lose money on it if it doesn't work for you. FWIW, I doubt I'll be selling mine any time soon.

Hope that's helpful to you. GAS away, but maybe try out a Blue Note, Timmy, MO, or PoT in the meantime?

frdagaa

Gold Supporting Member
FWIW, I'm really glad I went on the waitlist and got one a few years ago. I like it.

There tends to be some magical thinking about the thing.

It's a good OD.

It won't make coffee.

rongtr1

I don't think that's accurate. I was on the list for a while and my name came up a couple months ago. I don't know how long it was but definitely less than 17 months.

I passed on my slot when it came up...just wasn't feeling like spending a bunch, wasn't gassing. Some regret now! I'm planning on getting a POT.
If you kept the e-mail, you can still get it now.

Braunzo

I have been on the list since December 2015, so I will probably be waiting another few months. It's really a shame because I have some potential projects coming up that it would be super useful for.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Is the list wait calculated as how long if you sign in now or how long ago today's completed orders entered the list?

Trending Topics