KOT landed yesterday

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I was expecting to be disappointed after hearing all of the hyperbole. But I love my KOT. It doesn't work for everyone or every rig, but it's perfect for me and mine!

Congrats!

crazyneddie

Let’s see I think December of 2016? A long time ago. I didn’t go for any options. In retrospect the high gain on the OD side would work for me too, but the stock low gain sounds fantastic.
I’ll be honest, I have kind of lost interest in OD pedals over the last couple of years. I have had the Purple Plexi on my board for the past year and it also works really well.
The KOT really shines with a loud amp. I can’t wait to get into our rehearsal space and really cut loose. I hit my neighbors pretty hard last night, it was really hard to turn down. I love this pedal into my HW AC15. The Vibrolux loves it too, and each amp still sounds so different with the pedal set exactly the same. Haven’t gotten to the Brown Deluxe yet but I’m sure it will be pretty darn good.
While a turned down clean amp doesn’t do the OD side any favors, the clean boost smokes on a nice spanky clean amp.

Crazy Neddie gives it 5/5 Gorilla Fingers.

johnetone

Saw the title of this thread and thought you were going to talk about the Battle of Winterfell.

Like, what’s really going to happen tomorrow?!?

piper19

When I got my Prince I was also afraid that it wouldn't work for me and would not get the hype around it. Then I gigged with it and got such good comments on tone... sold all my other drive pedals. And bought myself another Prince in waiting for the king.

Andrew.

I just got my KoT a few weeks ago. Waited two years and three months.

Like the OP, I was also thinking it'd be meh, but I was surprised - it really is an amazing sounding (and versatile) drive.

Sounds epic with my Strat, but honestly it sounds just as good with my Tele and Les Paul.

jaymeister

I should be up to order within a couple weeks (Jan 19/17) , and was thinking I might just hold off, but now...Sheesh I gotta stop coming in here.

Holzar88

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I just did that, actually. It was 3/19/18, so not as far back as I thought.