KOT on flea bay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DK207, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DK207

DK207 Member

Anyone else see the V4 KOT sell on eBay last night for $667-ish? Holy crap, must be some pedal! I'd love to have one, but I'll wait patiently for my name to come up and be pleasantly surprised 12+ months from now thank you very much.:crazy

2. UconnJack

UconnJack Member

3. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I had that on my Watch List. I wasn't bidding, just curious to see how high it would go. I'm on the waiting list anyway. It stalled at a little over $400 for a while and I could almost understand the price, but $676.66 is ridiculous! That's list price plus $441.66.

I'll just chalk it up to the "forbidden fruit" school of economics - whatever you can't get must be worth more.

As soon as the rest of the Version 4's hit the streets in the next month that price ought to drop. So I guess the first guy out of the box deserves some sort of credit for exploiting the pent up market demand.

4. what?

what? Member

I just emailed analogman to be on the waiting list. How long would it take before I get the thumbs up approved to be in the list?The current list is for ver. 4 right?

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Well its quite an improvement on the earlier KOTs - its actually two separate channels now, even down to separate chips, so you can have a different chip on each channel and even stack them.... Im diggin mine..... whether its worth that much over retail is another question,,, but it an excellent unit

6. drolling

drolling Member

I'm not an eBayer, but these inflated prices for current production gear never cease to amaze me.

These are just guitar pedals - and I'll never understand what motivates buyers to pay 300% of actual cost to have them a little sooner..

If they have that kind of money to blow, they can't be average working musicians, that's for sure:D!

7. morg

morg Supporting Member

I would have to agree about the prices....and I'm the one who sold the pedal last night on ebay! I know some thought I did it to make a quick buck, but that's not true. It's a great pedal, just not what I was looking for right now. I never thought it would go that high! I was simply looking to get my money back on it when all was said and done.

8. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

I'm swapping my KLON for one now, I can get another KLON in short order compared to the wait on a KoT. And I am on the list for one, but who knows when that will come around. So worse case scenario is: Get KoT, not like it, Put on ebay, make lots for other gear money, OR, Get KoT love it and keep it, Bah, Who knows what Will happen. I'm Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

I don't have one, but am left wondering why it takes 'forever' to get one of these things?

10. DK207

DK207 Member

Took me 4-5 days for the email confirmation. As for why it takes so long, I heard Mike is pretty much a one man show and wiring these pups up by hand. I agree they are sweet pedals and probably sound unreal, but in my world, it is worth the wait to save $400+.

11. K-man

K-man Member

A fool and his money are soon parted.

12. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

The laws of economics dictate that Mike should raise his prices on the KOT.

Not to $600 mind you, but at least a hundred bucks. It would cut down the wait time too.

13. UconnJack

UconnJack Member

He raised it $50 over the previous version. Still a great value apparently!

I really like Mike's stuff, and I've been to his shop on a few occassions. He is not a one-man operation, but I get the impression he really manages his "small" operation carefully.

14. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

You hush.

A

:jo

15. curtisstetka

curtisstetka Member

I got on the list in August of '04. Mike's website says that June '04 is being served currently. I just might have a KoT before the end of the year!

I can dream, right?

I'm planning a shootout with my FD2 and the loser goes to the 'bay.

16. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

17. enickma

enickma Member

18. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

12 a week, that's pretty good. Seems like the list will be going down slowly but shurely. Can anyone (maybe analogmike) give me a rough estimate of how many people are on the list. Is there really thousands of people on the waiting list for a relatively unknown pedal used by guitar players. If the list has a few hundred on it than you would think at 12 a week in about a year just about everyone on the list now would have their pedal. But maybe there are more people on the list than I realize. Thanks Mike for making great guitar pedals and keep up the good work. I wait patiently for my King Of Tone.

19. DK207

DK207 Member

I think the seller on Craig's list also put it on ebay, $875 buy it now, $875 starting bid.

KOT

20. MrSage

MrSage Member

Wow, that's nutty...