• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

KOT v2 VS KOT v4

Blue Bee

im still baffled! Why does my v2 have less gain and sound more transparent than the v4?

anyone? Mike?

Seegs

just a thought...I think you answered your own question...IME less gain = more transparent...

Chow,
Seegs

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
A/B'ed them a couple days ago. With the pedals set exactly the same :
version 4 seemed to be a little louder and somehow harsher (had to roll back the tone on v4 a little to make it sound like v2). Version 2 sounded sort of darker/sweeter.

I guess there's no way to interefer in a curcuit and not change the sound of the pedal. At least, the two KOT versions are VERY close one another. When I tried versions of the Lovepedal COT50 with a volume knob (both handwired and newer), they sounded significantly different from my one-knob version.

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
The pot tapers may be different, we had them custom made for ver4.

Test with drive pots up all the way on both, and down all the way on both for the only accurate comparisons. then make sure the volumes match by ear (not by knobs). Then they should sound the same.

If they still sound different, the pedal pirates should know why, they know more about the KoT than I do. ;)

Trending Topics