• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

KOT vs Morning Glory

snakeman1986

I have a Morning glory. It is awesome and I don't think I will ever part with it. The clips I've heard do make it sound like the KOT is darker, but it still sounds great.

witafro2

Just got my KOT in the mail. Don't think I'd get a MG due to getting more bang for the buck with the KOT.

Delayed Delay

No hearsay. Just simple schematics. You don't have to be a genius to figure this stuff out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Care to expound on this pretty heavy accusation?

Not trying to start an argument with you, but if you're going to make a claim like that, you should be prepared to back it up. What schematics are you referring to?

Orbis_Ignis

I didn't make any accusations. What I refer to is very easy to find and is very old news. I'd provide links but I really don't want to start anything.

Delayed Delay

I didn't make any accusations. What I refer to is very easy to find and is very old news. I'd provide links but I really don't want to start anything.

Lol... Dude... Self awareness... That's exactly what you did - you started it.

There's absolutely no logic by saying you didn't start something, when it's incredibly apparent you did.

Just post a link man. Inform the masses, or at the very least, inform me... Because right now I'm a bit clueless.

richpjr

Lol... Dude... Self awareness... That's exactly what you did - you started it.

There's absolutely no logic by saying you didn't start something, when it's incredibly apparent you did.

Just post a link man. Inform the masses, or at the very least, inform me... Because right now I'm a bit clueless.
Yeah, no accusations or character smearing could ever be gleaned from those posts. Not sure why some people feel the need to crap on so many threads with this junk.

Orbis_Ignis

Yeah, no accusations or character smearing could ever be gleaned from those posts. Not sure why some people feel the need to crap on so many threads with this junk.
Take from my post what you will and keep following the same path you've been on.

But you are reaching with your accusation. I never once mention Josh's name or JHS in my post. Josh and you just assume.

Last edited:

richpjr

Take from my post what you will and keep following the same path you've been on.

But you are reaching with your accusation. I never once mention Josh's name or JHS in my post. Josh and you just assume.
LOL - okay dude, two people read your posts and come to the same conclusion and it's not the content of the posts. Whatever - I own neither pedal so have no bone in this fight. Nor do I care to follow any insinuating trails. Peace.

tommijk

I have both, and love the sound of morning glory too. Once I sat down to try exactly that: dial KoT to sound like morning glory. What I found out is that you can get close, but not quite there. KoT treble trimpot frequency is different than the hair on MG. With tone pots at 12 o'clock you can get closest, but once you start turning the knob the difference is noticeable. I prefer MG peresonally, KoT sounds muddy in comparison.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
The Analogman KoT is a classic, I'd definitely go with that one. It sounds amazing and will hold it's value.

I have nothing positive to say about the other one, so I won't comment on that. If you want a BB type sound though, I'd look at the Bondi Del Mar.

TheRealDeal

One is made by a stand up guy that knows tone. The other, well I'll just keep my mouth shut, but I'd never own one of his pedals no matter how good it may sound, especially since I could probably get the original cheaper, lol
I didn't say anything about you. I just said I could get the original cheaper

right.....:facepalm

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
is this about the KOT
or the klone?
or the devi ever thing?

or just about the pedals. . .. .

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
is this about the KOT
or the klone?
or the devi ever thing?

or just about the pedals. . .. .
lol! Amen brother! These pedal discussions have been turning into a roast fest lately. Like real bad.

Orbis_Ignis

right.....:facepalm
I didn't mention anybody's name or company name. You guys keep assuming. All I said is do a little research, but obviously you guys are just going to take somebodies word for it and stay naive. Whatever... I'm out

dawgs2323

Silver Supporting Member
I don't have either, but I do know what JHS did for the Soul Food is awesome! $115 for tone that comes close to the original is good for me!

slap_back05

I didn't mention anybody's name or company name. You guys keep assuming. All I said is do a little research, but obviously you guys are just going to take somebodies word for it and stay naive. Whatever... I'm out

Orbis_Ignis

Oh I'm not frustrated at all. I've just grown bored with the conversation that's going nowhere. Like I said no names were mentioned. I said one is a stand up guy that knows tone, and the other I wouldn't own any of his pedals. Josh just assumed I was talking about him. Guilty conscious, I don't know :idk For all he knows it may have been the other way around :idk

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Oh I'm not frustrated at all. I've just grown bored with the conversation that's going nowhere. Like I said no names were mentioned. I said one is a stand up guy that knows tone, and the other I wouldn't own any of his pedals. Josh just assumed I was talking about him. Guilty conscious, I don't know :idk For all he knows it may have been the other way around :idk

With kind respect, and I've mentioned this in other threads. If a thread bores you with the same talk then just change the channel. I've been there. No need to roast someone because your bored. Take a break. It really does wonders! Try another forum like amps or guitars. Variety man!

Last edited:

Jason Calieri

Silver Supporting Member
Care to expound on this pretty heavy accusation?

Not trying to start an argument with you, but if you're going to make a claim like that, you should be prepared to back it up. What schematics are you referring to?
Do a quick search on this very forum.

Top Bottom