Kot!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by antojado, Jun 30, 2006.

1. gitpicker

gitpicker Member

Maybe someone from Thailand will send a money order to buy it....

2. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

3. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

If some jackass buys this, and I were Mike, I would just stop making them. then I would take the stash of probably 200 that I have on my work bench and sell them off one by one. Then set teh cash aside and plan to buy a nice house in Kuai Hawaii where I would then retire and get monthly income form all the jackasses that buy the 1200 pedal.

As for the jackass that is selling it for that much I hope he actually sells it to someone, thereby making this story better than the KRON story. Then after we have all looked at it for months, I hope that Mike has the name of the guy that purchased pedal number 439.

The KOT is good, but unfortunately its not 1200. For anything over 700 there are things out there called AMPS...... that allow you to get the level of dirt / distortion you are looking for.....

4. Unburst

Unburst Member

Amazing what internet hype can do, how many people have even played through one of these?

5. enickma

enickma Member

Damn shame if this prick gets this price. A lot of us waiting, and he gets 2 ? With the waiting list what it is, I would hope Mike would ship one KOT per customer

6. bjm007

bjm007 Member

Who cares what anybody charges on ebay? Caveat emptor for God's sake... Give me a break boys...... I had to resort to buying one off ebay while I waited over two years for my name to come up on the list. I paid around $400 a few years ago and it was worth every penny. Great pedal and if somebody wants to pay $1,200 not to wait, then more power to 'em. Jeeeeeeeez :Spank

7. mild

mild Member

Aye carumba! That's a businessman hard at work if ever I saw one!

I pronounce a new term... "Pedal Scalpers"!
    Like a ticket scalper, but... yeah, you get the idea.

8. Franklin

Franklin Member

Pathetic..... I could have an awesome amp or guitar for that much!

9. matte

matte Senior Member

i've known weider for years (wrote and played on a track for his last album) and have played through the rig that inspired this pedal countless times with absolutely no desire to have anything to do with "that sound", at any price.

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Ill just wait my turn in line, even if it is perhaps another year and a half or more away. Its a pedal.

11. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Rest assured, the feeling is mutual :)

p.s. hope to see some of you in Woodstock tonight, Jim's band is playing at the Woodstock Playhouse. He's had Tony Levin and Jesse Gress in the band this year. Now he's got Mitch MOOSE Stein on guitar and Rodney Holmes on Drums, both from Steve Kimock's band, and Gail Ann Dorsey-Bass from David Bowie's band. Rodney is about the best drummer EVER, IN LIFE. Tonight Matt is playing with... ummm... I forget.

12. matte

matte Senior Member

wow. how much is jimmy paying these guys?

13. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I would love to own and hear this pedal. Big props to Mike, now I wish I could get one sooner than later. Mike please P.M. me soon...seriously...I am really looking forward to hearing this pedal-the original was great(I had #8 which I purchased from Mike while Jim signed the baseplate. Jim is a super nice guy and an amazing player and I would LOVE to have 1/2 of his tones!!

14. Eric Schultheis

Eric Schultheis Member

Wow, I thought Mike's price was kinda high. Just got mine yesterday and it is good, VERY good but $1200?!? If this guy get that, he'll be King Of Cash.

-e

15. enickma

enickma Member

I'm pissed he got TWO, in light of the waiting list. I'm well aware of supply and demand, and taking advantage of flavor of the month hype at it's peak. I just would like to get my ONE so I can throw it on the bay for 1500 :NUTS