KPA with guitar cab

trazan

I'm curious....are there profiles made without cab involved? If not, can the KPA really exclude the cab from the complete chain profile in a good way? I mean, it sorta have to guess the impact the cab has in the profile...

Does anyone use this thing with cabs?

groovybenny

I've made some profiles of just the preamp of my amps (out effects loop) and some with a DI between the power amp and cab to get both the preamp+ poweramp in a profile. Sounds just like my amps! I've also messed around profiling distortion/overdrive pedals by themselves and they sound exact!

You can also remove the cab from a profile made by a mic and it sounds good as well.

I guess when you get the chance to try it u'll decide what works for you.

DI profiles are going to have the exactly the same EQ as the original amps, although if you are playing live you will need to mic the cabinet, and don't get to versality of multiple cabs in mic'd profiles.

Mic'd profiles have the EQ similiar to the recorded version of the amps, but you can go direct and you have the versality of multiple cab sounds.

mikeymoves

Silly question: what's a DI profile?

Also what I do is mod and EQ my mic'd profiles with the cabinet off and save a copy with a prefix indicating guitar cab profile. The thing I like about the Kemper is the complete control you have over everything.

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
Silly question: what's a DI profile?

Also what I do is mod and EQ my mic'd profiles with the cabinet off and save a copy with a prefix indicating guitar cab profile. The thing I like about the Kemper is the complete control you have over everything.

DI means you didn't use a microphone to profile an amp. You used either a preamp out or a fx send.

With all the different outputs on the kemper, you can make a profile with a microphone, send two stereo outs (with the cab and mic active) to FOH, then take a monitor out WITHOUT cab and mic info and send it to a poweramp and guitar cab.

I prefer using an FRFR monitor live because I get the entire picture/tone I'm sending to FOH, and stuff like piezo/acoustic guitar tones sound much better this way.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom