KR Doubler (octave pedal) - two thumbs up (clip inside)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by michael patrick, Jan 8, 2006.

1. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

I got a KR Doubler pedal on Friday. It does exactly what I wanted it to, which is to cop Hendrixy octave sounds.

Way hazy...

Standard caveats apply about my playing... Let me know what you think about the sound of the pedal.

2. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

i was thinking about the Doubler myself, nice job on the solo btw:)

3. michael patrick

Thanks. I bet it would sound even better if I'd used my '71 Super Bass, but I don't have it at home right now...

4. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

man, youre giving me GAS for a octavia. and i just ordered a COT Blue, and PPF this week.:jo

5. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Sounds great!

That's the octavia clone that I want- it's not super-expensive and between your clip and the first clip on the website, I have reason to believe that it is the closest to the sound I am going for.

6. michael patrick

Yeah, the price is very reasonable, and I don't hear any compromise as far as sound quality.

It sounds as good as the Octavia in my Captain Coconut 2. I also bought an Analogman Sundial, I should have that Monday. I love my CC2, but since I switched to a smaller board it doesn't really fit... I think smaller individual pedals will give me more flexibility on layout on my board.

7. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

how much would ya sell that CC2 for?

is the fuzz card the germanium one you used on the '' Axis Bold as Love '' clips? i loved that clip

8. exodus

exodus Member

Hey michael--

what was your setup on that clip?

9. michael patrick

It ain't for sale... sorry. I still own my big board, and I may go back to it at some point.

10. michael patrick

For the rhythm track, it was a '62 reissue Strat, a Tube Works Tube Driver, a modified Bogen CHA-33 amp and a Marshall 1960TV cab. I used a Hotplate set at -12db.

For the lead track, I used the same Strat, and ran the Doubler into the Tube Driver (both on once the lead starts). I ran the line out of the Hotplate through a TC Electronics M300 and into a Fargen Mini-Plex combo set for a clean sound because I wanted a bit of echo but it was sounding like crap with the M300 into the front of the Bogen. It wasn't an ideal re-amp set up, but in my basement at low volumes it works alright.

11. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Sounds really good. If I didn't already have an MJM Roctavious I would probaly get one.