KR Doubler...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=598716

I got a KR Doubler and wanted to make a clip of it because I'm having a lot of fun with it. It makes you forget everything except band of gypsies.

It's in front of my Hellbilly and Deluxe Moon Phaser through a Deluxe Memory Man with the echo all the way down (forgot it was there and recorded anyway!) through my LovePedal 1/2 watt amp driving my Dr. Z 1x12" cab.

It was recorded quietly as more of a mic test, I'll try and record a better clip with the Carmen Ghia this weekend, should sound a lot sweeter.

Anyway, fun stuff.

-Steve

Echo Are

Pretty nifty. Yeah, parts of the clip do kind of sound like Jimi hendrix if he performed on Kronos(the Klingon homeworld). Interstellar in a cool way.

Echo Are said:
Pretty nifty. Yeah, parts of the clip do kind of sound like Jimi hendrix if he performed on Kronos(the Klingon homeworld). Interstellar in a cool way.
Thanks, I think... (is Kronos a nice place?)

I think there will be more room for everything to breathe with the Carmen Ghia this weekend instead of volume-guilt-ridden living room playing with the poor 1/2 watt amp not even allowed to open up... Playing Hendrix is hard when you try to make it quiet with "gentle" (?)-er "playing."

JiMB

KR makes some nice stuff. I have the small Mega Vibe.

Nice sounds on the clip.

Echo Are

nashvillesteve said:
Thanks, I think... (is Kronos a nice place?)

I meant that the clip sounded cool, a unique variation of the Hendrix/Band of Gypsies timbre. :)

Regarding Kronos being a nice place or not, I'm not sure,lol. I'm not a hardcore Trekkie.

Listening to some of these clips makes me wanna dig out my Digitech RP-100 and play around with it. I haven't used it in a while.

Thanks! I'm going to try recording some more clips (with a drum loop) and my Carmen Ghia instead of the 1/2 watt amp this weekend... After recording that and playing with the Doubler some more, I think I like the sound of turning the volume to about 2:00 and the fuzz to about 10:00, it makes the octave and ring mod sounds a bit clearer and you can do the Steve Miller "cleaner-ish" octavia sound...

I'm pretty sure the Kronos Quartet are not Klingon....

Trending Topics