Krank Chadwick or Jet City JCA50

Bentayuk

I'm looking for a cheap backup for my JVM. I mainly use the OD2 Orange mode, boosted with an OD out front.

I mainly play death / thrash metal. And the OD2 Orange is my perfect tone, but I can't afford another one.

There's both a Krank Chadwick and Jet City JCA50 local cheap for the same price.

I've owned a JCA50 twice, and I know it can handle my metal tones with a boost and maybe an EQ in the loop. It can just be a tad too smooth sometimes.

Just wondering if the Krank is a better choice this time...

Bentayuk

The Amelia is not in my price range right now, converted it's closer to $700 CDN.

These two I'm looking at local are $350 CDN.

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
Chadwick is supposed to be a Jcm800 kind of amp and from what i have heard is a solid amp. The JCA50 is great too but I think I would go for the Chadwick since you already had the Jet City.

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Gold Supporting Member
I've always thought the Chadwick's were solid amps. I wouldn't hesitate to go with one.

slayerbear17

I played thru both and would take the jca50 any day over the Krank. I play metal/ thrash In a gigging band and wouldn't hesitate to buy another jca!

sefloval

Never played a Chadwick, so can't comment on that, but I do own a JCA50 head. I play in a heavy rock band and the JCA50 is awesome with a Boss EQ in loop and an SD1 out front. With that setup I get great cleans and an awesome chunky lead channel that cuts through the mix. We have a couple more mid gain songs and I just click off the SD1 and roll my guitar volume back a tad and it's perfect.
I've had the JCA50 head just over a year and I've never had an issue with it and sounds great. Solid amp at a great price.

Hefalump

The Amelia is not in my price range right now, converted it's closer to $700 CDN.

These two I'm looking at local are $350 CDN.
If I were you I would take out a loan and buy that YJM100 some fool is selling in Alberta for $2500

Reactions: C-4

Trending Topics