Krk Monitor ?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Guitarplayerdan, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

I am trying to get me the best monitors I can afford, which isn't much. I have been eyeing some krk rp6 and rp8. I would like to know the differences. If I got the 6 should I eventually get a sub? I also may ebay a krk v8. My budegt is trying to be like $350. Please throw out your ideas.

2. isfahani

isfahani Member

I think the old versions of 6 and 8's are on the way out, try going into the guitar center (gasp) with the $350 in hand and tell them you want 2 of the RP8's out the door including tax for $350, and see what they say.

I think the differences are the inches in the speaker & cabinet size, the wattage in the amps.

If that doesn't float yer boat, the Tascam powered 8's are decent, and there's a rebate offer at Musician's Fiend right now that'll get you some 8's for like $325.

3. isfahani

isfahani Member

I'd buy those for $200 the pair if the seller was local.

Shipping, however, would bring those up past what they would cost new in the store with a warranty and 30 days return.

They're last year's model, discontinued, ceased to be... that model is DEAD. But the local GC's still have some.

You should be able to get them on the cheap.

4. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

well I could either get a pair of BRAND NEW GENERATIOn rp8 for 400 or get some old v8s ? Also I could get some new rp6 and then get a sub latter? What should I do!

5. moody07747

moody07747 Member

I tired both the RP6 and RP8 monitors a while back and liked them both. The RP8s did sound a little better however I was very happy with the RP6 set.

I have yet to try the new KRKs but they look very similar to the older ones and so if you can find the old ones used on ebay or on a form go for them.