1. The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

KRK Rokit Powered Generation 2 monitors

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Lennybird, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Lennybird

Lennybird Member

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.co...n-2-CB?sku=609801&src=3TP9BO1&ZYXSEM=0&Prime=

... Are they anygood?

I'm currently roughing it with a pair of these: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=200121&CTID=5002900

... As you can see, they have about no bass at all. Their highs are extremely crisp and clear, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit for some lows. My computer's 25 watt logitech sub under the desk is 40hz and it sounds low enough to get most of the bass.

So I'm figuring 49hz-20khz is a pretty decent range for a set of monitors. Just how smooth of a line is that range?

With my setup, I unfortunately cannot hook my sub up to the two monitors at the same time.

2. Snail

Snail Member

I've got one of the first generation KRK Rokit 6's, and the subwoofer, and I really like them. I had the 5's, but the 6's are a real improvement. Even without the subwoofer, they have a decent amount of bass and are fine. For the price, they're a great buy.

3. Lennybird

Lennybird Member

Hmm thanks, I may invest in a pair of these before they're out of clearance as well as another 19" lcdf monitor to increase productivity. my secondary monitor is a CRt which takes up too much space and is too small and it's a pain to bounce my track any time I want to hear any bass through my sub...

4. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

This is $149 for one monitor, correct?

5. Lennybird

Lennybird Member

Now that you say that, it may just be one monitor, but that's pretty strange. It's usually not advisable to mix monitors? Of course you'd want two. I would have to email musician's friend ahead of time and ask...