KRK Rokit Rp5 or Yamaha HS50m

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by S.A.M., Dec 17, 2009.

1. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

Which would you chose, and why?

2. DanR

DanR Member

I A/B'd those two monitors, in addition to the M-Audio BX5s a few years ago at Guitar Center. I listened to a few of the CDs they had that I was familiar with and contained similar instrumentation that I would be recording. I felt the the KRKs sounded the best. It just seemed like I could hear a bit more of everything in detail on them compared to the others.

Anyhow, I bought 'em (the KRKs), use them regularly and am very satisfied with them.

3. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Yep. When I got my KRK RP5s I auditioned them against everything up to $200 above their price and they won out.

4. Ooogie

Ooogie Member

Another satisfied RP5 user here. I was afraid there might be an issue with the low end since they're so small but that hasn't been an issue in my little home setup. I read all the reviews, listened to both at GC and asked around here before my purchase as well.

Mark

5. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

i have KRK v4vxt and Rokit 6 G2 models, and LOVE them....i think they are the best sounding monitors under a grand........been using KRK for years!

6. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

FWIW, I'm another happy KRK user - been using a pair of V6s in my little home studio for 4+ years and have no complaints at all.