KT66 Deluxe Reverb - Video Added

mscaggs

How many watts will it put out?
Not sure yet till I get it all running. My guess is 40-50 watter. I have an old grey JBL D120 I'm going to try with her too which will
probably sound great. Smaller cab too than a Pro.

Reactions: Rod

zenas

Be following this one !

I keep thinking I need to build 1/2 a Twin Reverb in a Deluxe Reverb size amp. KT66s would really be interesting.

mscaggs

Be following this one !

I keep thinking I need to build 1/2 a Twin Reverb in a Deluxe Reverb size amp. KT66s would really be interesting.
Yeah same here. I think this will kind of a hotrod Pro 1x12 DR cab thingy. I hope to get her done in a short time but this is one of my own and my paying customers always come first...

Stay tuned

Mike

WahmBoomAh

World Crass Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
I`m no expert but from the little I hear off the interweb , the KT has a more glassy, chimey, hifi sound than the 6L6. I played a %13 13/29 and got that impression ...i loved the cleans before breakup.
If you indeed built a fender pre circuit with this chassis do you think you can then comment on the differences in freq. response?
thanks

mscaggs

I`m no expert but from the little I hear off the interweb , the KT has a more glassy, chimey, hifi sound than the 6L6. I played a %13 13/29 and got that impression ...i loved the cleans before breakup.
If you indeed built a fender pre circuit with this chassis do you think you can then comment on the differences in freq. response?
thanks
Sure thing. I am going to test KT66, 6L6, and EL34s in this build to see the differences. The changes to use 6l6 or el34 is quite simple. The big honkin trannies are really going to make this build unique as well.

Stay tuned

tmac

Goldmember
Gold Supporting Member
I'll bet this baby will be a killer SRV-ish blues platform for a Strat and an old tube screamer to push it.

cugel

I cant take it anymore. i am getting sick and tired of seeing your builds man. stop it please!:drool:drool:drool

mscaggs

I cant take it anymore. i am getting sick and tired of seeing your builds man. stop it please!:drool:drool:drool
HA! This one might take me awhile as more paying customers keep coming around... I had a 67 Pro come in yesterday that is in pretty bad shape. I think I can save her.
So now we want to see your builds :banana:banana:banana

cugel

HA! This one might take me awhile as more paying customers keep coming around... I had a 67 Pro come in yesterday that is in pretty bad shape. I think I can save her.
So now we want to see your builds :banana:banana:banana
Oh no you don't trust me

WahmBoomAh

World Crass Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
Curious if you`ve heard a %13 13/29 with the kt66 ...interested in impressions if so when it`s running.

Trending Topics