• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

KT66 in a bassman?

skylabfilmpop

Anyone ever done this? It sounds like a good idea, better OD for sure and electrically pheasable. I am curious if these a good KT66 that FITS physically. Anyone? Thanks!

phsyconoodler

Depends on what bassman you are talking about.I had an AB165 that I converted to an AA864 and used KT66's.Many earlier bassman heads were too small cabinet-wise to fit a KT66.They won't fit into a 6G6 cabinet.

skylabfilmpop

Yes was speaking of blackfaced era heads. JJ lt66's look like they will fit if you install the chassis with tubes in place by about a 1/4 "

John Phillips

Some time ago I had a customer bring me a '64 Blonde Showman that some previous "tech" had roughly hacked a slot in the floor of the cabinet so it could take a taller tube... in one socket :rolleyes:.

Don't you just love people who do a job properly? :)

imguitardan

I have a '59 Reissue Bassman 410 (converted to a 212), can I put KT66's in it? Will that "Marshall it up"?

ibblue2

Supporting Member
I had a Tremolux head that I ran KT 66's, had to pull the chassis to install or remove. I like the Chinese KT 66 version the best, Valve art is one of the labels. Improved the sound over production 6L6's at the time.

Trending Topics