• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

L6 dl-4

hendrixstrat

...Quick question about the line 6 dl-4...Can you remotely turn the unit on/off with a regular amp channel switcher?..Since it has an expression pedal input this seems logical, but I haven't had a footswitch handy to try this...Anyone know?

storm319

No. The expression input has nothing to do with controlling the bypass functions of the pedal. It basically is like adding another ban of presets. I have tried a standard switch to control this and it doesn't work.

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
not to get too technical...but I bet you could make it work.

Technically not bypass but you could have switch that went between 2 resistors (or a fixed or open resistor side and then a pot) and use this to control the mix level.

So... one(switch off) is mix down (only dry signal) and the other (switch on) is a set mix level.

Am I right on this?

hendrixstrat

Technically not bypass but you could have switch that went between 2 resistors (or a fixed or open resistor side and then a pot) and use this to control the mix level.

So... one(switch off) is mix down (only dry signal) and the other (switch on) is a set mix level.

Am I right on this?
..sounds interesting, but a little too in depth for me..

kldonegan

Am I right on this?
Yes. The only potential problem is the fact the the DL-4 converts your dry signal AD/DA when you turn it on. So, if that kind of thing bothers you, you'd be dealing with a guitar signal that's always going through converters. It would work, though.

Trending Topics