L6-S wiring question

Anybody have a schematic for this ? Mainly the rotary switch. I could figure it out if I had time, but just don't have time to do it. I'm trying to put pups in 3 axes of my own tonite. 1st chance I've had in a long time.
Thanx if ya can help, much appreciated guys !

Saul Koll

I am pretty sure I have the Gibson L6-S Schematic at the shop. I'll look for it tomorrow.

talk to you later,

saul

Saul Koll

Let me know if you can read this. I can fax it or send it snail mail if you need a hard copy.

cheers,

Saul

[/IMG]

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by Saul Koll
Let me know if you can read this. I can fax it or send it snail mail if you need a hard copy.

cheers,

Saul

[/IMG]
Too funny. I played one of these for so long that I wore the finish off both the neck and the fretboard.

The only positions I used were #2 and #5. Now I know why.

rooster

I would guess that the closest replacement for the humbucking inductor would be a Bill Lawrence Q-filter. He still sells that part at www.billlawrence.com. I just was playing with an old black L-6S last night.

rooster.

M

Me_n_my_Memphis

I think the L6-S switching is pretty close to what I had hoped to do with an LP copy I'm modding. I was planning on a different order for the switch positions, with individual series/parallel/coil shunt switches for the two humbuckers, but the L6-S arrangement would suit me fine. (Especially if there's a wiring diagram anywhere, to go with that schematic. Maybe the Schatten book?)
Thanks.

--
Doug C.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Silver Supporting Member
Jim,

The schematic is also in the a book I have at home. Can't remember the name. Something like "electronics and hot rodding for the guitar". Let me know if you need a copy.

Larry

Sorry, just noticed this is a very old thread.

Trending Topics