La Cabronita Especial Clone

Tweedledee

I'm actually just starting to build one right now. :D

One-piece sugar pine body with a Warmoth neck. The neck and pickup arrived today.

It's going to look more-or-less like this one when I'm finished (minus the relic work):

powermatt99

Bob at Logan Customs here in SE Wisconsin, has made at least one. Someone over on the tele forum (TDPRI) has one. I've wanted one for a while now. Maybe a thinline with Powertrons.

VictorNoel

Bob at Logan Customs here in SE Wisconsin, has made at least one. Someone over on the tele forum (TDPRI) has one. I've wanted one for a while now. Maybe a thinline with Powertrons.
I had Bob build one for me, & I know of at least several others that are similar & inspired me to go with Logan. So glad I did. I've had mine for a few weeks now & I love it more & more every time I play it.

BTW, the R'N'R Relic is awesome, as is your build, Tweedledee. I love these type of guitars.

I've started work on mine as well. I had a 2 pickup sugar pine body made and have started the finishing process. I'm still undecided whether I'll go shell pink or burgundy mist, but I've got a few days to decide. I'm very excited.

Here are a few pictures that I've been looking at a lot trying to decide which color I'll go with:

Sherwood Green

Lake Placid Blue:

Ocean Turquoise:

Shell Pink:

Burgundy Mist:

Simto

@Brianeharmonjr: I'd go with Ocean Turquoise or lake placid blue, i really dig the old school hot rod vibe those colours have, i think it really fits with the guitar.

I really hope to start a build with this soon

shark_bite

You know, as silly expensive as these are, they sure are fun. I played one the other day and it was like nothing else I've ever played. What a rock machine.

StratoKing

Where can I buy a pickguard for a reasonable price if I were to put together this guitar? I am in the process of putting a BOM together and I can't figure out the pickguard part. Any ideas?

redsoxrule

Where can I buy a pickguard for a reasonable price if I were to put together this guitar? I am in the process of putting a BOM together and I can't figure out the pickguard part. Any ideas?

I purchased form Amazon some 1/8" flat stock plastic. I created a pattern from a piece of white paper. The plastic then can be cut with heavy shears. I used a pair of metal duck shears to hunk out a rough shape. I then used a Dremel with a sanding wheel to shape. One could use a rough file to get the same result. Final sanding was all by hand.

StratoKing

Looks like you did one helluva job!
It looks great. I am pretty good at making things but I don't have the courage to cut my own pickguard... :(

I purchased form Amazon some 1/8" flat stock plastic. I created a pattern from a piece of white paper. The plastic then can be cut with heavy shears. I used a pair of metal duck shears to hunk out a rough shape. I then used a Dremel with a sanding wheel to shape. One could use a rough file to get the same result. Final sanding was all by hand.