LA inspired layered Strat tones

journo

Hi,

I read somewhere in an interview with Michael Thompson that he layered guitars a lot.

I wanted to try that and wrote this ridicoulusly "happy" little tune where I layered a Suhr Classic. In the end there are 8 stereo guitar tracks in the background plus the distorted lead guitar on top. 9 total. I have included a backing track so you can hear the backing stuff better. You can, of course, also jam along. :D

I had this tune laying around for some time and didn't know how to finish it but the sound clip Myron Stratis put up with his Suhr and Flexi-50 gave me the right inspiration to finish it. Thanks Myron!!
8 gives 48 plus 6

8 gives 48 plus 6 Backing Track

Opinions and suggestions always welcome!

Cheers,

Mats N

Myron Stratis

Originally posted by journo
Hi,

I read somewhere in an interview with Michael Thompson that he layered guitars a lot.

I wanted to try that and wrote this ridicoulusly "happy" little tune where I layered a Suhr Classic. In the end there are 8 stereo guitar tracks in the background plus the distorted lead guitar on top. 9 total. I have included a backing track so you can hear the backing stuff better. You can, of course, also jam along. :D

I had this tune laying around for some time and didn't know how to finish it but the sound clip Myron Stratis put up with his Suhr and Flexi-50 gave me the right inspiration to finish it. Thanks Myron!!
8 gives 48 plus 6

8 gives 48 plus 6 Backing Track

Opinions and suggestions always welcome!

Cheers,

Mats N
Hey Mats,

Great stuff my friend!!!!! And you are the most welcome! :)

journo

Hi Grag,

That's exactly the effect I was going for. A sort of organic and more detailed synth pad.

Cheers,

Mats N

Originally posted by gkelm
Sounds cool...almost gives the effect of keyboards.
Greg

journo

Hi Myron,

Thanks for listening.

My next tune is also influenced by your lead sound.

Cheers,

Mats N

Originally posted by Myron Stratis
Hey Mats,

Great stuff my friend!!!!! And you are the most welcome! :)