Lace Drop n Gain pickups

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RussT, Mar 5, 2015.

1. RussT

RussT Member

hey any dirty heshers out there use these pickups? the lace drop n gains?

i playin a stoner/fuzz/heavy psych band. dowtuned etc. just wan any comments on these pickups. currently just got emg's in my gibbo SG

also an comments on thenoise, are they noisy pickups? i use a lot of fuzz o some quiet pickps woul be good. do you have them close to strings o bit further back, i'm very interested in pickupplacemet after rading this article http://www.hovercraftamps.com/archives/178

cheers!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. RussT

RussT Member

what no potatos!?!

3. Phletch

Phletch Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "noisy" pickups.

4. ungarn

ungarn Member

Think you are probably doing fine with EMG's, but if I were going to try Lace for what you described I definitely liked clips with the Bill Kelliher Dissonant Aggresors better than the Drop & Gains.

You might want to check the Duncan Nazgul too.

5. RussT

RussT Member

any actual users of the lace drop n gains or lace pickups here that can comment?

6. Yam Session

Yam Session Member

I use the dirty heshers for doom/sludge. They are extremely articulate. if you are going for the loose, muddy thing, you will need to back off the guitars tone knob, and eq appropriately. I would say they sound more alive than a set of emgs.

I recently saw sleep play, and Matt pike was using them. I much preferred his sound to the tones recorded on their album holy mountain.