Lady Gaga pre-fame.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Good stuff. It's not really my kind of music, but her talent is evident.

Peace,

Balok

Goes to show how presentation is everything in showbiz. Stefani Germanotta plays and sings great and a few notice. Enter the Lady Gaga persona with outlandish visuals and a global marketing campaign and a phenomena is born.

snouter

Random structure, no tempo, seems like an open mic kind of thing.

A cover song is a good test for "superstars" and vocally this was mediocre at best.

Che_Guitarra

Seems like she's still finding her stage presence in that D'yer Maker clip. She's hitting all the notes though, and very little searching for pitch. Must be very early on in her live performance career. Is she even 18 in that clip?

Either way, history proves she's a damn quick learner. I went and saw Monster's Ball concert when it came to town and she was the complete package by then.

Last edited:

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Shouldn't Italian women know how beautiful they already are with their natural dark hair?

SamBooka

Random structure, no tempo, seems like an open mic kind of thing.

A cover song is a good test for "superstars" and vocally this was mediocre at best.

She doesn't seem confident yet.. none of them in the band do. She is a skilled performer but apparently wasn't born that way ;)

And since this is TGP.. that guitar tone... oy!!!

Zero

I saw this MTV prank video once, and she was the subject. This was prior to her being famous. She was in a restaurant. Something about a salad. She has dark hair and looked like a normal girl & cute.

Turbo Gerbil

Shouldn't Italian women know how beautiful they already are with their natural dark hair?
totally agree, especially in her case.

many of her early demos are piano rock based things with evident Queen and Beatles influence. She seems pretty dissatisfied with the modern commercial pop landscape at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see her take a new tack soon, other than just the jazz stuff she's doing with Tony.

Trending Topics