1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Lake Trout - Street Fighting Man

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by buzzp, Feb 26, 2015.

1. buzzp

buzzp Member

Audio quality is pretty rough, but I really like this cover. Makes me forget it's a Stones song, almost could be a rendition the Who did? Check it out on Spotify or buy the song if you're so inclined.

2. buzzp

buzzp Member

Anyone? Thought this would be enjoyed by quite a few people.

3. urizen

urizen Gold Supporting Member

It's atmospherically "pretty", and I hear the vaguely Daltrey-esque voice and Who-like aspect to the melody/song (to which I assume you're referring) when it's recast this way, though it's much more deliberately/seriously fey/precious in its rather ethereal presentation than what I could ever associate with the Who... it does establish its own space/identity and it's pleasant to listen to. Makes me think of a band that would be on Bella Union's roster.

4. buzzp

buzzp Member

Much better description - I agree.

5. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member