Lakland Decade

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by SWSNick, Sep 11, 2008.

1. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

Anyone have, one played one, know the difference in the active and the passive darkstar pickups? There's just not a lot on them out there. Anyone want to move theirs along?
    cheers
    Nick

2. landru64

landru64 Member

i think the basses i played at namm were passive. they were totally groovy. not for the lead bass player contingent :)

really great. i look forward to getting one myself.

3. TeleVision

TeleVision Member

Is Lakland even using Darkstar PUs anymore? I went to their site a few weeks ago and it seems like they are using a different brand or a self-branded PU in the Decade.

4. krall

krall Supporting Member

They are now using their own "Chi-Sonic" pickups..No more Darkstar's in any of their basses I think..Which is kinda a shame, even though apparently those Chi-Sonic pickups are pretty sweet!

5. bbocaner

bbocaner Member

you can still special order with the darkstars if you want, although it can take A LONG TIME to get them.

6. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

Thanks boys, I'm actually inquiring for our bass player, he has, and has shed is gas for one of these things on me. They seem like an excellant instrument, we were in the studio and they had a Lak 5 and it was amazing, then he found the decade and got the urge, thanks for the talk, keep it coming

7. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

I love Darkstar pickups, they sound fantastic. To my knowledge, all Darkstar pickups are passive. Afaik, the current Decade versions now have Lakland's own Chi-Sonic pickups, haven't heard those yet, but the bar has been set high with Darkstars.

I owned a Lakland Darryl Jones (J type) bass, and although it was a nice enough bass, the neck carve was really small (even for a J). I've read that the Decade also has a skinny neck; I like a bit more beef.