FSOT Lakland Hollowbody

Discussion in 'Bass Gear Emporium' started by Zappatalist, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Zappatalist

Zappatalist Supporting Member

I'm looking to sell or trade (preferably trade) this fantastic Lakland Hollowbody.

This is the USA version of the famous Lakland hollowbody, designed by Lakland in consultation with Mike Tobias.

Original Bartolini pickups, which most folks seem to agree work better with this design than subsequent Hanson or Dark Star alternatives. Separate volume and tone controls for each pickup, a pickup selection toggle, and a toggle that seems to shift from single coil to parallel.

The rosewood fingerboard has some gorgeous striping, the contoured body planes make this far more comfortable to play than an Epiphone Jack Casady, and the fretwork and headstock ornamentation ooze Lakland USA quality (and the sticker inside the body confirms USA manufacture). Strung with rounds, but a set of flats also included. Comes in a hardshell case that actually fits.

It's in great shape, plays fantastically and sounds excellent. Very comfortable. Has a few dings on the edges and some natural play wear on the body, I've illustrated them in the pics. It comes with a truss rod cover as well, I just forgot to put it back on before I took the pics.

I'm asking $1650 shipped and Paypal'd.

It will be professionally packaged and shipped insured.

Trades:

I'm looking for a solidbody 4 or 5 string (preferably a 5), light weight, thin/wide neck, active electronics. I'm not really looking to add any cash into a trade, unless it's for like the perfect bass.

***Seller Notes***

* I can only sell/ship to the continental US (lower 48 states), no exceptions.
    * I have 100% positive feedback here, on Reverb, on Ebay, on Rig-Talk, on TalkBass, etc.
    * Please feel free to ask any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. guitarno

guitarno Supporting Member

I'm not seeing the pictures for some reason...

3. Zappatalist

Fixed 'em, hopefully - let me know if you're still having problems seeing them.

Thanks!

4. guitarno

guitarno Supporting Member

Thanks - They're showing up now. Not sure why I couldn't see them before - maybe it was something on my system.

Zappatalist likes this.
  5. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Member

Great basses.

Zappatalist likes this.
  6. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

7. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

The bass is sweet, but I want that Stevenson!

Zappatalist likes this.
  8. Zappatalist

Ha! It can be yours!