• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Landau Reverb

mik777

I know Michael Landau uses a lexicon MPX-1! Is it possible to get similar tones out of the TC Nova Reverb? or someone in the ballpark? I used to own the MPX-1 and I kick myself for selling it...
:horse

zachman

I know Michael Landau uses a lexicon MPX-1! Is it possible to get similar tones out of the TC Nova Reverb? or someone in the ballpark? I used to own the MPX-1 and I kick myself for selling it...
:horse

No... Some of the TC Units do a nice reverb, BUT... Lexicon has a sonic character ALL it's own.

zachman

what kind of reverb does that lexicon give? Spring? Hall?
from the manual

The 4-Voice Algorithms ...................................................................... 3-2
The Reverb Shell ......................................................................... 3-2
Concert Hall ................................................................................. 3-3
Plate ............................................................................................. 3-4
Chamber ...................................................................................... 3-5
Inverse ......................................................................................... 3-6
Infinite ........................................................................................... 3-7
The 6-Voice Algorithms ...................................................................... 3-8
Glide>Hall .................................................................................... 3-9
Chorus+Rvb ............................................................................... 3-10
M-Band+Rvb .............................................................................. 3-12
The Resonant Chord Algorithms Res1>Plate and Res2>Plate . 3-14
The Parameters ................................................................................ 3-16
Chorus ........................................................................................ 3-16
Controls ...................................................................................... 3-17
Delay Time ................................................................................. 3-19
Feedback/Cross-Feedback ........................................................ 3-21
Filters ......................................................................................... 3-22
Glide FX ..................................................................................... 3-22
Levels ......................................................................................... 3-23
Modulation .................................................................................. 3-24
Panning ...................................................................................... 3-28
Patching ..................................................................................... 3-29
Pitch ........................................................................................... 3-30
Resonance ................................................................................. 3-34
Reverb Design ........................................................................... 3-34
Reverb Time ............................................................................... 3-36
4. The Presets
Program Bank 0 .................................................................................. 4-2
Multi Effects (0.0-1.9) ................................................................... 4-2
Modulation Effects (2.0-3.5) ......................................................... 4-3
Special Effects (3.6-4.9) ............................................................... 4-5
Program Bank 1 .................................................................................. 4-6
Rhythmic Echo and Delay Effects (0.0-3.6) ................................. 4-6
Ambience Effects (3.7-4.9) ......................................................... 4-10
Program Bank 2 ................................................................................ 4-11
EQ Effects (0.0-1.0) ................................................................... 4-11
Spatial Effects (1.1-2.4) .............................................................. 4-12
Gain Effects (2.5-4.0) ................................................................. 4-13
Resonant Chords (4.1-4.9) ......................................................... 4-15
Program Bank 3 ................................................................................ 4-16
Reverb Effects (0.0-2.8) ............................................................. 4-16
Processed Reverb Effects (2.9-3.9) ........................................... 4-18
Remix Effects (4.0-4.9) .............................................................. 4-19
Alphabetical Index of Presets ........................................................... 4-21

Eagle1

No... Some of the TC Units do a nice reverb, BUT... Lexicon has a sonic character ALL it's own.
Ive owned and played through pretty much TC's whole back catalog and the reverbs suck in all units by comparison to a PCM.(including an M5000.)

windfeld

Hehe ok. That was quite a few reverbs. Does anyone know which one he prefers?

Could a Radical Red Reverberator cover some of the landau ground? Currently I have a van amps sole-mate, but I would love to find a smaller footprint pedal. Does Landau use spring reverb? He has such great sound!

What about a Dr.S RRR? It sounds great if your needing something other than a rack. You should be able to cop some of the reverbs you like from the Lexicon.

wickidriffs

Lexicon reverbs are quite high-end products. Very expensive too. But they are the core of Michael Landau's reverberated guitar tone.

The only method that would replicate the Lexicon reverb would be to set up your gear and some microphones in a gorge....

Eagle1

Lexicon reverbs are quite high-end products. Very expensive too. But they are the core of Michael Landau's reverberated guitar tone.

The only method that would replicate the Lexicon reverb would be to set up your gear and some microphones in a gorge....
MPX1s come up cheep on Ebay all the time .:AOK
Nothing comes close for the money and definitely no pedal that I've ever heard gets even in the ballpark.:dunno

Oddos

Mpx-1`s can be had for cheap used. You won`t find a better digital reverb and delay unit for the money. You should be able to fina a used one on ebay for $3-400. Not much more than many popular one-trick od`s.

zachman

Ive owned and played through pretty much TC's whole back catalog
Me too. I use TC, Eventide and Lexicon in my current rig-- and all were selected for a reason-- (MY preference)

and the reverbs suck in all units by comparison to a PCM.(including an M5000.)
I would not say they (TC Reverbs) suck-- some of them including the M6000 sound KILLER-- but rather would place the emphasis on the fact that they are not Lexicons, and aren't trying to sound like Lexicons, and add that I prefer Lexicon and Eventide reverbs to TC. The Lexicon Reverbs have their own thing and they have achieved a benchmark status for a reason.

mik777

Hehe ok. That was quite a few reverbs. Does anyone know which one he prefers?

Could a Radical Red Reverberator cover some of the landau ground? Currently I have a van amps sole-mate, but I would love to find a smaller footprint pedal. Does Landau use spring reverb? He has such great sound!
If I remember correctly, one of the factory presets on the MPX-1 was called "Landau Clean"

Eagle1

Me too. I use TC, Eventide and Lexicon in my current rig-- and all were selected for a reason-- (MY preference)

I would not say they (TC Reverbs) suck-- some of them including the M6000 sound KILLER-- but rather would place the emphasis on the fact that they are not Lexicons, and aren't trying to sound like Lexicons, and add that I prefer Lexicon and Eventide reverbs to TC. The Lexicon Reverbs have their own thing and they have achieved a benchmark status for a reason.
They just don't integrate with you tone as well as the lexicons do .
The reverb seams to sit there next too it, with the PCM (or an MPX 1 ) on a subtle setting it just melts in to the tone ,so much so that it is hard to notice it until you switch it off.
I prefer TC for everything else apart from modulated delay lines and intelligent harmony (Eventide Orville for this) as the TC just doesn't have the bandwidth. Don't anyone even bother mentioning the Axe as a replacement, it just isn't.:AOK

Trending Topics