Landgraff MO'D versus BB Preamp?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cg, Jun 17, 2008.

1. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

I love my BB Preamp. It pushes all the right buttons on my Swart. I am curious if anyone has compared it to a Landgraff MO'D. I do have a Klon inbound for lower gain stuff.

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I've got a BB and have had/have several rats and rat clones. These two pedals could not be more different. What was your question again, hehehe?

3. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

That may answer my question! :) I have never played the Landgraff stuff and didn't know where it fit.

4. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Completely different animals. I found the BB sounds great with some amp and tinee with others, where as the MO'D is pretty consistant.

5. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

Do you need higher volume for the BB to really shine?

6. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

You could keep the BB and hook-up the Landgraff to give you another dirty channel of a completely differant flavor. I just sold my BB after snagging a MO'd. It was tuff to let the BB go, I really loved that box with my Budda's but the Landgraff can make you forget your other boxes real quick..The overall sonic feel is more alive, I did find the BB to color my tone allot less.

7. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Very different pedals. I've had 2 of each. The BB's are gone because I never couple figure out how to make them sound good enough.

The MO'D has alot more gain that remains cutting in nature. The MO'D also has the 3 way switch which goes from Marshally - transparent boost w/gain - razor sharp Boogie-esque type gain. If I could only own one high gainer it's the MO'D all day long. The Klon is my low gain choice.