Landgraff OD vs MO'd which do you prefer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Droptop, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Got both as an experiment and was curious as to which people like more and why. I seem to gravitate more towards the OD for its natural sounding Overdrive. The MO'd is nice, but if I could have just one I think that would be my choice.

2. eric-d

eric-d Member

I like them both equally..... I couldn't decide.

3. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Tough choice, but I think I would go with the Mo'd. It can go from low gain to high gain and can be dialed in to be very touch sensitive.

4. johan

johan Member

I like them both so I don't know which one to get rid of :rotflmao
    [​IMG]

I love them both. Usually LDO for single coils and MOD for humbucker guitars.

5. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

Tough call...it's like choosing between Keira Knightley and Carmen Electra. I love them both equally :D

6. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Both are killer!

They are voiced different enough to justify having both in the same rig.

I like the LDO for a more open tone and light to med gain settings. Although higher gain is great too with lots of sweet sustain. Great mids and highs but not a great deal of bottom end. Great cut! To me a greatly improved TS without the hump and more like an amp. I prefer the mini toggle on the up position. Its more organic and amp-like.

The Mo'D is a beast! Its fatter and thicker sounding. Not quite as open sounding but its bigger with more saturation. Almost goes into a Fuzz with higher gain settings. I prefer the Mo'D set for med to higher gain settings. Great for a beefy drive tone. Tones of sustain for thick leads too.

I made a mistake and just sold my LDO this past weekend to raise some $$$ to clear some debt and fund some other gear to try. I plan to buy another right ASAP. I kept the Mo'D because I liked the finish better on that one and it was the newer one of the 2.

Both are great pedals!

7. Seegs

Seegs Member

I like the LDO with a strat bridge pup otherwise it's MO'D for everything else...

Chow,
    Seegs

8. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I like it!

9. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

A gun is put to your head and you have to decide one vs the other, and I know both are good, which do you choose. Only one, except for you Siameese Twin Landgraff guy. Both is not an acceptable answer. It is a tough question. Which do you choose and why?

10. Seegs

Seegs Member

MO'D...clearer more articulate and not congested in the mids...I use it mostly for its killer low-gain tones...I liked the LDO with bridge pups only and the MO'D works with both and buckers without having to re-eq.

I sold my LDO as soon as I got the MO'D...

Chow,
    Seegs

11. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

In that case...M'OD because its the most transparent, non humpy, its really responsive to pick and most gain on tap. :D

12. Seegs

Seegs Member

you mean you can see through it:p

Chow,
    Seegs

13. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

OK Guys, here's the plan: Someone distract Him while the rest of Us rush Him. He can't shoot Us all.

14. johan

johan Member

Stressfest and Seegs - how do you dial in your MOD's. I love the pedal for fat Warren Haynes tone but haven't really dialed in any low-gain tones.
    What type of cliiping do you use? I changed my down position to JFets (I think). Have to open it up and check.

15. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

My M'OD is clip in upper position with tone about 9-10 o'clock depending, gains 12 c'clock and volume about 1 o'clock. I prefer the jfet clip on my LDO...down position :)

16. johan

johan Member

ok, but that won't give you low-gain, right?

17. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

If you want low gain...reduce the gain and hike the volume. It's a very resonsive pedal like that. I Love the resonsiveness to pick attack. :AOK

18. Seegs

Seegs Member

Johan...I use it with the toggle up...I set it for gain at 9-10oc tone 11-1oc and volumn from 10-12oc depending on guitar...

sometimes with hums I use the middle position...

Chow,
    Seegs

19. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

I use the middle pos usually if im after real low gain...it seems to be the cleanest and loudest of the m'od's modes.