Landgraff vs KOTv4 vs BJFE

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by beni, Sep 9, 2008.

1. beni

beni Member

Hi guys..

I am looking for the perfect tubescreamer.. I owned a landgraff and I really impressed by it. I am thinking about getting one again but I saw Analogman KOTv4..

Can you compare both pedals? Give me your thoughts!!

Also, I dont know, did Bjorn make a Tubescreamer-ish kind of pedal? If yes, what does it called? How do you compare it with Landgraff and KOT

Thanks guys..

Barry

2. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Analogman kot 4 is not a perfect tube screamer
    First of all its a clone of the marshall bluesbreaker pedal.
    It is designed to give you a very flat eq bringing out your guitars original tone and it doesnt have the classical mid humb of a ts the clarity of the kot cannot be matched with a langraff or other ts pedals..
    And it has way less compression compared to a real tubescreamer.

If you need drive,saturation,compression and mid hump go with a ts clone such as Landgrall ldo,keeley mod ts9 plus,eternity etc....
    If you need clarity,less drive,less compression,flat eq and less sustain go with a Kot

hope it helps,

3. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Bjorn released the Mad Professor Little Green Wonder that is his version of a TS, but it is not a classic TS of sorts becaue its a completely unique circuit. No mid hump.

The Landgraff is great for some things, but you can find clones for a fraction of the price. Check out Effects Pedal Boutique SRB808.

4. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

I have owned the Landy Clones...

I just got a real Landy MOD

There is absolutely no comparison. I knew it within the first 5 seconds of playing on it.

I bought it with the intention as having ONE pedal for soloing with my Tone King Continental.

I then plugged it in to my Marshall for yucks..

Holy Schizznit!

This pedal stands head and shoulders above the clones IMO. No contest.

I traded a KOT for it. I liked the pedal, but it was redundant in that the tone was similar to my Burn Unit. I also thought the Burn Unit had much better resonance characteristics, at least for my taste.

I am WAY stoked on the Landgraff. Unlike any of the other pedals before it.

Emee

[​IMG]

5. beni

beni Member

Thanks guys..

Landgraff Mo'D is my next choice since I got an LDO already.. Probably next is Landgraff clean boost.. lol

6. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I'm sure you know, but the Mo'D is based on a RAT and LDO is the tubescreamer platform.
    I think the LDO is the perfect TS. I just got a KOTv4 in the mail after a two year wait and I have the BJF LGW. They are all very good TS style pedals, but to keep only one, I think it has to be the Landy. The KOT is nice, and I haven't spent enough time with it, but I think I can get everything I want out of the Landy.

7. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

The Landy's what your gonna stay with? I knew it and the lgw was rotating on your board.

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I've been doing a shootout of all three this weekend and I can't get rid of either the Landy or the LGW. The KOT is nice also, but I prefer the other two. The LGW really needs the Pine Green Comp to shine to its potential, but since I have one on my board, it works out nicely. I can be equally happy with either, but for now the Landy is on the board and the LGW is back in the closet. The Landgraff just sings, has more gain available, and has the option of the 3 position switch. I've actually been using the down position here and there lately, but definitely the up position is still my go to tone.

9. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

Well i own Landgraff and Bjfe overdrives-distortion pedals.........And yes after 30 years searching for overdrives -distortion pedals i have stopped!!

The LANDGRAFF LDO AND MOD ARE THE REAL DEAL.......(MY OPINION AND TASTE) along with the Dyna red ,Model H, Honey Bee........

But maybe i will try a Toneczar next....:huh

10. this1smyne

this1smyne Member