Landmine LD-1 Distortion (Heavy Distortion Thread)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TaronKeim, Jan 31, 2006.

1. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Just ordered one through www.pedalgeek.com and wanted to know if anyone else had tried one.

I've heard good things, and know they have been out for awhile but haven't actually heard an opinion from someone I know/trust, but for $140 I figured I could give it a try.

The casing seems kinda gimmicky, but if it is durable AND gimmicky, I'm all for it, really, who wouldn't want a pedal that looks like a landmine on their board.

www.landminepedals.com for some loud clips (bass clips sound rad too).

I don't mind if it sounds a little "pedal"-ish, I treat heavy distortion more like a texture than my tone, so if it has good response and doesn't get muddy being fed through my Germino (or direct to my recorder) should be great.

I think I'll give a Gain Fxxker II a try next pay day as well... the two of them should cover classic metal to nu-metal/industrial tones.

So I'll have a review coming soon, if anyone wants to chime in on either pedal, I'd be more than glad to hear it! Or any other awesome/unique distortions (also wanna look at the Studio Electronics Wolftone Chaos as I love the Helium)

-TJK

2. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I was just looking at this one.. I think I'm going to pick one up, it had to most real sound that I've heard for a heavy distorition box. Listen to the sound clips! Plus you have the Bass, Treble, and Mid knobs to shape the sound the way your want.. This one sounds really good with the clips.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal
    http://www.phensic.com

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Some descent sounds but I dont like the shape of the pedal, For similar tones I would also check out the Tonebone Hot British!

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I tried the Tonebone and did not like it.. I could care less about the shape, that shouldn't matter at all. Believe me if you get a pedal that can nail metal sounds and sound good than you have something.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

5. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Exactly my experience, I never liked the Tonebone pedals, they always sounded like a class A amp about to explode.

I think it should be fun, the clips are killer. I'll have first impressions in a week or so.

-TJK

6. gearboy

gearboy Member

I don't think these pedals accept an adapter.....I think they are battery only. Confirmation?

7. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Nope, there is a 9v socket right between the input and output jacks.

-TJK

8. randy morser

randy morser Member

can anyone comment on how the keeley metal zone stacks up against the land mine?

9. tfire

tfire Member

I just saw these things advertised in Guitar Player. I wouldn't want to be reminded, every time I looked at my pedal board, of the hundreds of innocent people who lose limbs and lives every day from left-over ordnance scattered around the world.

10. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah - and did you see the posters?

A truly disgusting objectification of women's bodies.

Took forever to download, too,,