Landry LS100G3 Random Riffin'

mickelodeon

Hey all. Nothing too fancy, but thought I'd share the video from my just noodling around. Was trying to write a few parts and faded in and out from making stuff up to "borrowing" a few riffs.

Audio is just from an SLR camera, but it ain't bad! Love this @landryamps LS100G3. One of the finest amps I've played.

Sidenote: LP Standard, G12-65s, ported 212.

0:00 - higher gain
3:02 - lower gain/crunch
5:20 - clean + humbucker
6:27 - clean + coil-tap neck HB

Cheers!

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool! Thanks for sharing! Might have to try those G12's, I'm running V30's

hotpaul

That sounds great.

Looks like you are running it with the master volume way down. How loud was it in the room?

mickelodeon

That sounds great.

Looks like you are running it with the master volume way down. How loud was it in the room?
Thanks!

At the risk of being completely not helpful, I wouldn't have any idea how to describe the volume. No one was asleep at the time, but my wife and kid were upstairs doing normal stuff without being drowned out. Does that help?

hotpaul

One more question. Is the clean channel on yours the clean clean or the dirty clean?

You've really put this one on my radar. Some of your playing was very Pumpkinsesque, really dug it.

mickelodeon

It's the clean clean - probably the best clean I've ever played in a channel switcher outside of my Two Rock, which isn't really a channel switcher, per se.

Thanks! That's funny since I'm not a Pumpkins guy at all, but I'll take the compliment. Haha

For '90s rock, this amp is IT for everything up until the recto revolution.

Seahawk2982

Silver Supporting Member
Great tones and playing! I LOVE my G3 too! What brands of tubes are you running in there? Looking to retube mine soon. Thanks!

mickelodeon

Great tones and playing! I LOVE my G3 too! What brands of tubes are you running in there? Looking to retube mine soon. Thanks!
Thanks, man. The playing was my substance-influenced ramblings but it was ok. Haha

I think mine is a Tung Sol in the first, Chinese the rest, and JJs in the power section. That's what Bill sent it with and said that's his preferred set. Mine is also relatively new and has the new sozo caps in the preamp. What a fire-breather of an amp.