Landry LS100G3 Random Riffin'

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by mickelodeon, Oct 25, 2016.

1. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Hey all. Nothing too fancy, but thought I'd share the video from my just noodling around. Was trying to write a few parts and faded in and out from making stuff up to "borrowing" a few riffs.

Audio is just from an SLR camera, but it ain't bad! Love this @landryamps LS100G3. One of the finest amps I've played.

Sidenote: LP Standard, G12-65s, ported 212.

0:00 - higher gain
    3:02 - lower gain/crunch
    5:20 - clean + humbucker
    6:27 - clean + coil-tap neck HB

Cheers!

2. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! Might have to try those G12's, I'm running V30's

3. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

G12-65s (once they're broken in - this is very important) sound better with almost every amp than anything else I've used.

4. Strat335

Strat335 Member

Damn that sounds good.

hotpaul likes this.
  5. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Thanks, boss!

Strat335 likes this.
  6. hotpaul

hotpaul Supporting Member

That sounds great.

Looks like you are running it with the master volume way down. How loud was it in the room?

7. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Thanks!

At the risk of being completely not helpful, I wouldn't have any idea how to describe the volume. No one was asleep at the time, but my wife and kid were upstairs doing normal stuff without being drowned out. Does that help?

8. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

I will say that the Landry master is the best I've played. It sounds great all over the dial.

9. hotpaul

That's helpful. Thanks

10. hotpaul

One more question. Is the clean channel on yours the clean clean or the dirty clean?

You've really put this one on my radar. Some of your playing was very Pumpkinsesque, really dug it.

mickelodeon likes this.
  11. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

It's the clean clean - probably the best clean I've ever played in a channel switcher outside of my Two Rock, which isn't really a channel switcher, per se.

Thanks! That's funny since I'm not a Pumpkins guy at all, but I'll take the compliment. Haha

For '90s rock, this amp is IT for everything up until the recto revolution.

12. Seahawk2982

Seahawk2982 Supporting Member

Great tones and playing! I LOVE my G3 too! What brands of tubes are you running in there? Looking to retube mine soon. Thanks!

mickelodeon likes this.
  13. mickelodeon

mickelodeon Member

Thanks, man. The playing was my substance-influenced ramblings but it was ok. Haha

I think mine is a Tung Sol in the first, Chinese the rest, and JJs in the power section. That's what Bill sent it with and said that's his preferred set. Mine is also relatively new and has the new sozo caps in the preamp. What a fire-breather of an amp.