Laney LC15R-110 Tube Problem

Rockyrollercat

I have a Laney LC15R-110 and the manual says I can change the power tubes without biasing if I use TAD tubes with the same rating that's on the sticker on the tube. Having an impossible time finding anyone who knows anything about this. Where do I buy TAD EL84 tubes with a rating of 0 ?

Thanks,
RRC

Rockyrollercat

Yes, it's not a rating it's just a numbering system so the tubes match the amp and each other. Sticker on the tubes says 0.

Rockyrollercat

Sorry Mike, I posted this so quick I didn't realize it was you. I feel like a fool telling you about tubes. How can I find a pair of EL84 with a rating of zero?

Thanks,
RRC

ES330

TAD tubes must be very consistent, or fall in enough range for Laney to say that...
But I have a Laney, and change it with different brand tubes and have never had
an issue... in fact, every tube I've tried sounds better than the stock tubes...

Rockyrollercat

Is your Laney cathode biased, this one is not. Mister man wants $75 to re-bias it if I supply the tubes. I guess once it's re-biased it will always have to be re-biased on a tube swap which is why I'm trying to find the zero tubes and also why any tube amp I buy in future will be cathode biased.

RRC