Laney LFR-112 powered cab

Gkf9

For now I've just hooked it upto my old Line 6 Amplfi 75 I forgot I had.
I've gone in the aux in using a splitter cable from the Headrush, sounds great, the Amplifi should be pretty close to a FRFR cab.

I'll see how it goes for now, but I've still got my eye on the Laney.

I am undecided whether to buy a frfr-112 headrush or a Laney lfr-112. The Laney sounds better, but is the 200 watt power enough in a rehearsal room against a loud drummer? Or are 2000 watts of headrush better? What do you think of Laney's quality and volume?

Phil_Mayger

Silver Supporting Member
I am undecided whether to buy a frfr-112 headrush or a Laney lfr-112. The Laney sounds better, but is the 200 watt power enough in a rehearsal room against a loud drummer? Or are 2000 watts of headrush better? What do you think of Laney's quality and volume?
Ignore wattage and look at SPL figures. My kettle is 2000 watts but doesn't compete with a loud drummer ;)

Tonekat

Gold Supporting Member
Is the Laney LFR-112 a ported cab? I couldn't find the answer on the Laney site.

nicotele

Just got the Laney LFR 112 and is great! I use it with the Pod Go, haven't tweaked anything yet on the EQ, just used the HF trim of the cab.

Very happy myself.

WingZero

yeah might pull the trigger on this, it will be only for rehearsal.. been hesitating between the lfr112 (don't know anything about, except the internet seems to like it, if you can find it), the powercab (the most expensive) and a Yamaha DXR10 (the cheapest)

People here seem to be unanimous about it though

Berserker26

Anybody know what the practical difference between the 112 and 212 LFR's is? Can both be used at home at a lower volume or do you need to drive these things like regular cabs?

I'm new to FRFR speakers after playing regular cabs for years.

heykenny

old thread but thought I'd add my $.02
I've been using a Yamaha DXR10 for my FM9 (HX Stomp previously). I'd picked up a second a while ago so I've been running in stereo and it sounds great.
Picked up a used Laney LFR112 a few weeks ago. Now this thing sounds amazing! I'd plugged it in etc when I first got it to make sure it was working etc, but hadn't had a chance to really crank it until tonight. Sounds more like an amp through a cab to me than the DXR10s. Using it in FRFR mode and there was something "more" there that I hadn't realized I was missing - if that makes any sense.
My favorite amp that I've ever owned is a 76 Marshall 50w JMP. My desert island amp that I've played for decades. I know that amp well. When I went to the Marshall JMP model on my FM9 through the DXR10s it sounded good - but maybe a bit sterile. Through the Laney it sounded like my amp!
I haven't had a chance to use it live with a drummer yet, so that will be another test. But for right now I gotta say I'm pretty knocked out. Might have to get a second one. I think I'm hooked on playing in stereo now. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom