Laney/Yamaha Weddington mellow blues..

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by JLeurck, Jun 5, 2006.

1. JLeurck

JLeurck Member

I posted this a day or two before the server crashed (hope this isn't what did it).....this is to a backing track by Bruce Sidener, and I caught this on the second take (very VERY unlikely to happen again any time soon!). Any and all feedback is good - let me know what you think:

http://test.mikedodge.com/mvdmusic/Leurck/MellowBruceJam (master).mp3

BTW, Suislide03, you PM'd me when back when I posted this, but when I went to check my PM's TGP was out of order. Sorry, I would have replied if I'd seen it sooner.

2. unoguitar

unoguitar Member

Very tastefully done. That is a rich and sweet tone from your Weddington. Are the pickups original?

3. JLeurck

JLeurck Member

Uno,

Thanks. The combination of that guitar with that particular amp (Laney's don't seem to get much respect) really works for a lot of styles. That Weddington is stock save for a Tone Pro bridge/tailpiece set. I believe the stock pickups are DiMarzio's that were custom wound for Yamaha. This is a guitar I wish they never stopped producing - I think it was one of the neatest takes on a LP-style guitar ever.

Cheers,
    John

4. suislide03

suislide03 Member

@#$%^% and of course it lost the PM i sent.. were you able to read it? I typed too much way too fast..

5. JLeurck

JLeurck Member

Sorry, I never even got to see it. I got an email prompting me that I had a PM waiting, and when I went to the site it was down.