Languedoc G2 # 175

Randolph

Hey guys,

She came today. Arrived at noon, opened up at 2 PM and let me tell you that 2 hour acclimation period was pure torture. This guitar is absolutely incredible and exceeded my expectations by a mile. It's a little smaller than I thought, both the body and the head stock, but it's perfect. As always, the pics are cool but compared to looking at it in person they don't do justice. Neck is great, tone is killer, absolutely amazing instrument. Maple top, Claro Walnut back and sides, curly maple binding, scroll inlays

Last edited:

sjhoffma7

Gorgeous! Congrats buddy! It’s funny you said it was smaller than you expected. Is that an equator in your profile pic? That could be why, it always surprised me how big those were! Lol

Randolph

6150 I think, yea. String tension? I'm not sure how to answer that. It has 10's on it and they feel great.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful.

FYI, IME 2 hours to acclimate in a NJ winter cuts it way too close. I'd normally give it at least 8 on a guit that special, maybe more). I could show you pictures of one notable winter "event" years ago.

Glad it's OK.

Randolph

Beautiful.

FYI, IME 2 hours to acclimate in a NJ winter cuts it way too close. I'd normally give it at least 8 on a guit that special, maybe more). I could show you pictures of one notable winter "event" years ago.

Glad it's OK.
Oh? Well I'm glad too! Show me the event!

shawnerie

OP now that is sweet!
Can I ask what were your motivations and rationales for going with a maple top and Claro Walnut body? What tone were you striving for?
Thanks

Randolph

OP now that is sweet!
Can I ask what were your motivations and rationales for going with a maple top and Claro Walnut body? What tone were you striving for?
Thanks
It’s a little risky answering that, could turn this thread into a heated debate! The old “how much does tone wood affect the tone of an electric guitar” debate. As far as I know the top (soundboard) plays more of a role in shaping the tone then the back and sides. I love the look of Claro and the contrast to the Maple. I also love the maple binding how it contrasts the top, it’s darker than the top but not by much. So I guess I’d say it was a combination of the tone of maple and the overall aesthetic.

Last edited:

silentdrew

This guitar looks great! Give her a month or two and she'll really sing.
Super fun to turn up the amp and try to ride the beast - these G2's are total monsters at volume.
Advice: don't treat it like a trophy, play the sh*t out of it. Let it get some rash eventually.

Trending Topics