large board makers?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Occam, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Occam

Occam Member

I have an NYC pedalboard that I've hard for 4 years or so and it works but I'd like to know what other options there are out there. I run about 10 pedals but some of them can be on the large side like the Moogerfooger pedals and POG. I really like my Pedaltrain board but it's just too small. My NYC is about 36" wide and maybe 18" deep with a second level and that size really works well. So, what else is out there?

2. mild

mild Member

Kevin from Pumaboards has just finished making me a 36" x 19.5" custom board. He is a right gentleman, answers emails promptly, charges fairly, and goes the extra mile to put every feature in that you could dream of.

Get on the wagon now, before it gets too crazy... (actually, I think its probably starting to get that way already!)

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I've got two boards and an Electro Harmonix pedal gig bag. Easier carrying, you can fit through doorways easier...

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Check out NGM pedalboards, I have few and they excellent pieces.

TheGrooveking

5. Python

Python Member

I just posted this in another thread but will post it again here as it seems appropriate ...

You may want to consider a board made by Rockin' Columbia. I just got one and am very happy with it. The construction is great, their customer support is excellent and the price is amazing ...

http://www.rockincolumbia.com/

I had Glenn, from Rockin' Columbia, make me a custom board that is great. I highly recommend his pedal boards.

6. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

I gotta give a shout out to TCM. True flight cases. The PB 03 is amazingly small but holds a huge amount of pedals. The two boards travel back to back....a cool idea that really works. Reasonable considering that it will last as long as those Boss pedals.....

Bob

7. dougb415

dougb415 Supporting Member

Mine arrived yesterday - man that thing is BIG! Great construction, killer price. The other guitarist in the band is gonna be so PO'ed :rolleyes:

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The Pumaboards look really cool, but the lack of a case turns me away from them. I am considering replacing my Furman with a PedalPad or NYC type board. The hard top is really appealing for protecting all the $$ I have invested in my pedals. I feel like the Furman bag isn't sufficient now that I have some higher dollar pedals on there.

Stomping Ground offers a case for the Furman but is almost the same cost as a whole new Pedal Pad.

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

10. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Supporting Member

:AOK Long time NGM pedalboard user here. Got mine when they were a bit less expensive, but I haven't found one better for me. Plus, Nick is a GREAT guy!!!
    I've contacted him for a few different ways to customize mine and he is accomodating, fast and reasonably priced.

11. enickma

enickma Member

12. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Trailer Trash Pedalboards. www.trailertrashpedalboards. I know Rooster is finishing up a 42" by 20 something right now. Emial or better yet, call him.

13. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Supporting Member

another plug for TMC. i have two pb-03s and a pb-04. extremely solid and hold lots of stuff. http://www.tmcases.com/

14. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

Fantastic, and for a fraction of the price of what most pedal boards cost. Nothing fancy, but well-made, to my specs, and CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and drop Glenn a line. First-rate guy, seriously. I'd love to see his fledgling business take off.

Best,

Doc :)