• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Larry Corsa LCPG - Lightweight LP

steelvalley

Thanks to Bob whoever/wherever you are for turning me on to Larry Corsa. Been searching for a lightweight alternative to a Les Paul ever since I developed a pinched nerve in my left shoulder/neck. Just pulled the trigger on LCPG 041. 6 lbs 4 oz! See pics on his website - gorgeous! Will report on it when I get it - hopefully this week. Post below was in response to a quick impression I posted after trying the ES Les Paul, which sounded nothing like an LP. I've had several great LPs (incl a JPP) but just couldn't bear the weight in band practice and gigs.

You are absolutely correct. This guitar does not, nor does it try to, sound like a solid body Les Paul. It is an entirely different beast. Very different. To my ears, in a very good way! My suggestion, if you are looking for a lightweight LP, get one of the Faded Standards from 2007-2009, when you could find one that is under 7lbs (I had one that was 6lbs, 7oz!). THEY sound like Les Pauls - especially if you get one of the Larry Corsa LC PG makeovers.

Bob

uburoibob

Treehugger, both in the forest and with strings.
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks to Bob whoever/wherever you are for turning me on to Larry Corsa. Been searching for a lightweight alternative to a Les Paul ever since I developed a pinched nerve in my left shoulder/neck. Just pulled the trigger on LCPG 041. 6 lbs 4 oz! See pics on his website - gorgeous! Will report on it when I get it - hopefully this week. Post below was in response to a quick impression I posted after trying the ES Les Paul, which sounded nothing like an LP. I've had several great LPs (incl a JPP) but just couldn't bear the weight in band practice and gigs.
I hope that you love it!

uburoibob

Silver Supporting Member
I think what Zuhz... Means is that on Larry's page, you get a 404 error when you try to look at the pics and video of your guitar.

Bob

Ape Factory

From my ownership experience, and comparing directly to my R9, it has a bit warmer, bigger growl to it on chords with more note separation, actually sounds a bit better than the R9 but could be the pups (boutique vs. Custom Buckers). There's definitely something going on with the chambering, it adds to the sound but I would refrain from calling it more airy or anything like a semi-hollow. But just fantastic guitars all-around. Hoping to add a Manalishi to my harem this year.

steelvalley

From my ownership experience, and comparing directly to my R9, it has a bit warmer, bigger growl to it on chords with more note separation, actually sounds a bit better than the R9 but could be the pups (boutique vs. Custom Buckers). There's definitely something going on with the chambering, it adds to the sound but I would refrain from calling it more airy or anything like a semi-hollow. But just fantastic guitars all-around. Hoping to add a Manalishi to my harem this year.
Thanks for that - I won't get a chance to A/B it with a historic reissue and will always wonder if the chambering/light weight will keep it from having what I love about LPs

uburoibob

Silver Supporting Member
It's in the LCPG gallery on corsaguitars.com but I'll post pics when I get it
It's there, but when you click on the link for photos/video, it's a bad link taking you to a 'you blew up the Internet, 404 error page.

Wait - I just clicked on the AVAILABLE/INQUIRE button and got to the page with the photos. Gorgeous!

Bob

Da Geezer

Very nice....I was ready to "pull the trigger" on one a few months ago, but went in another direction (for now) with a different style custom build.

Congrats! Don't forget to give updates and reports when it arrives!

Off topic (kinds, but still related) ....has Larry recently changed his website ordering style?
You used to be able to see unfinished bodies with estimated finished weights and such, but I cannot find that info anymore :dunno
Anyone else remember that, and know where it went, or have a link?

Thx, G

steelvalley

Very nice....I was ready to "pull the trigger" on one a few months ago, but went in another direction (for now) with a different style custom build.

Congrats! Don't forget to give updates and reports when it arrives!

Off topic (kinds, but still related) ....has Larry recently changed his website ordering style?
You used to be able to see unfinished bodies with estimated finished weights and such, but I cannot find that info anymore :dunno
Anyone else remember that, and know where it went, or have a link?

Thx, G
Go to corsaguitars.com, click the down arrow at the bottom of the intro page, then click on "shop" and you should see both LCPG and Manalishi "Order/Buy" buttons which link out to bodies in work with est finished weights

FredZepp

Two of my lightest LP's are .. an early 60's Tribute GT converted to mini hums that weighs 6.8 lbs and a Corsa converted 2008 Gibson Faded at 7.9 lbs. Both are a joy to play... really love the Corsa.

I still play heavier Les Pauls too, but it's interesting to have some of these lighter ones around. It took a while to get used to the 6.8 lb Lester... felt like a toy at first.

mifar55

Gold Supporting Member
I own a wraptail Manalishi SN#65 and, a LCPG SN#65. They are fantastic guitars. I don't think there is any way you can go wrong with Larry. As good as his guitars are, he's that good as a person.

Trending Topics