Lasagna .... what's your best recipe .... post em! !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Dr. Tweedbucket, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    When I was in my early 20s I had a room mate who could cook some amazing stuff! His lasagna was just the most amazing I've ever tasted, so I got the recipe and have been making it for years.

Anyway, basically you start sauteeing a large onion in olive oil, then add some fresh chopped garic. When the onion is glassy you add in a large can of tomatoes and a can of water. Then add spices, salt, pepper, a couple heaping tablespoons of oregano, basil, dash of thyme, marjoram, parsley, a few bay leaves, dash of red pepper flakes ... and I forget what else :huh .... oh maybe a 1/2 cup of good wine.

Then add in the meat and other things ... I usually use 1.5 lbs of hot Italian sausage cooked up, but you can use anything from hamburger to pepperoni. Sometimes I'll add some button mushrooms or even some chopped up zucchini.

Anyway, after the sauce cooks down a bit, I'll add some tomato paste, remove the bay leaves and it's about ready. The house is smelling really good about this point. :love:

So then cook the noodles up in some salt water. Lay em out in a greased dish and stack it with Mozzarella, provolone and ricotta, sauce and repeat. Finish the top with a healthy topping of shredded cheese ... mozzarella and provolone.

Bake @350 for about 45 minutes or until the cheese is browning and bubbly!! :drink

Yum! I made this last night but I snuck two habanero peppers in the sauce ..... this one has a sneaky hotness that is quite tasty!!!

Ok, so anyone else?? What works well for you?