• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Last pedal i will ever buy - Caveman love

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulvcarter

I Ordered an Oddfellows Caveman just prior to ordering my Axe-Fx2 and wow - for years I've never liked any overdrive pedal (very much) in front of my AC30CX2 -

This thing is amazing - I know there are millions of drive pedals but seriously this one is a classic mark my words. Single coil or humbucker it's amazing.

This pedal will become legend.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
I agree 1000%. Johnathan just sent me one, and I immediately emailed him back saying as much. Within a few minutes, I had an OD tone that I could live with until the end of dawn....LOL I absolutely LOVE what it does for Single Coil Bridge pickups. Didn't you like the box too, with all the Fred Flintstone faux fur on the inside?

He's a bit back-ordered at the moment, so it takes a while to get one, but it turned out to be one of those rare pedals, (to me at least), that all the pain of waiting was erased once I plugged it in. Apparently he's been building some pedals for some big names, and I wish him all the luck in the world with this one.

Crap, I HAD to order one! Thanks!
I so don't need it, but I find myself wanting anything Gilbert owns. SL68, Aracom, El Vaquero, Rockett Chicken Soup, etc. etc. J/K, but after all my fiddling on TGP, I think he and I have the same sounds in mind.

Gilbert, that said, I think you would love the Vemuram Jan Ray and the Friedman BE100!

Now to look into the Oddfellows Caveman, though I do not need it...

phoenix 7

I agree 1000%. Johnathan just sent me one, and I immediately emailed him back saying as much. Within a few minutes, I had an OD tone that I could live with until the end of dawn....LOL I absolutely LOVE what it does for Single Coil Bridge pickups.

Interesting. What kind of amp are you using it with? I'm wondering how it sounds in front of plexis and blackfaces.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Interesting. What kind of amp are you using it with? I'm wondering how it sounds in front of plexis and blackfaces.

So far, I've only used it in front of my Bogner Duende & Goldfinger, but here are my current amps that I will be trying it with and I'll let you know: (some amps in my home studio collection, and a few I use for gigs): '66 Princeton Reverb, '65 Deluxe Reverb, Swart AST, Tong King Imperial, Bogner Shiva (EL34), CA Tucana-3 & OD2-R, Mesa Mini Rec., Marshall 1987x and Budda Superdrive (30).

In that video that's posted.....the guitar player comments around 5:45 that "I don't play on the Bridge too often, but this pedal makes me want to". That's how I felt about my single coil Bridge Pickup on my Custom Shop Strats. Not anymore. And the real "magic" IMO, starts around 10:00, when he demonstrates the Volume Knob differences.

Last edited:

phoenix 7

So far, I've only used it in front of my Bogner Duende & Goldfinger, but here are my current amps that I will be trying it with and I'll let you know: (some amps in my home studio collection, and a few I use for gigs): '66 Princeton Reverb, '65 Deluxe Reverb, Swart AST, Tong King Imperial, Bogner Shiva (EL34), CA Tucana-3 & OD2-R, Mesa Mini Rec., Marshall 1987x and Budda Superdrive (30).

In that video that's posted.....the guitar player comments around 5:45 that "I don't play on the Bridge too often, but this pedal makes me want to". That's how I felt about my single coil Bridge Pickup on my Custom Shop Strats. Not anymore. And the real "magic" IMO, starts around 10:00, when he demonstrates the Volume Knob differences.
Thanks! I'm very interested in the results you get. I've got an EL-34 Shiva and some other similar amps. I love my Strats, but always find the single-coil bridge position just a little thin. Really intriguing pedal.

willie k

Gold Supporting Member
Gotta stop looking at TGP late at night. I just had to order one of these. 4-6 week BO.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
^ :jo I'm supposed to be in bed - early day tomorrow...... but instead... :facepalm

mid march..... :)

jon

SigXer

It certainly sounds good, and at $130, it is a good deal. However, I don't exactly hear the supposed versatility. It sounds more like a one trick pony to me. Whatever, it's still cool.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I agree 1000%. Johnathan just sent me one, and I immediately emailed him back saying as much. Within a few minutes, I had an OD tone that I could live with until the end of dawn....LOL I absolutely LOVE what it does for Single Coil Bridge pickups. Didn't you like the box too, with all the Fred Flintstone faux fur on the inside?

He's a bit back-ordered at the moment, so it takes a while to get one, but it turned out to be one of those rare pedals, (to me at least), that all the pain of waiting was erased once I plugged it in. Apparently he's been building some pedals for some big names, and I wish him all the luck in the world with this one.
When you say that he's back ordered, what are we talking about? On the web site it says 4 to 6 weeks. Is it significantly longer than that or is it just a case where we can expect it to take the full 6 weeks?

It's a very good sounding pedal in the clips. There's a sweet and weighty sound to the drive that is very nice and I imagine that it feels really great to play. :)

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
In Geno's demo, it certainly does compare very well to the KOT. That got my attention!

rhys

Silver Supporting Member
When you say that he's back ordered, what are we talking about? On the web site it says 4 to 6 weeks. Is it significantly longer than that or is it just a case where we can expect it to take the full 6 weeks?
I think he just meant they aren't in stock and shipping when you order but in 4-6 weeks instead. There's a thread in the gear section and he seems to be getting them out in 4-6. I just passed the waiting 4 week mark; looking forward to checking one out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom