Last pedal i will ever buy - Caveman love

Status
Not open for further replies.

okie

Silver Supporting Member
I placed it second to last in my signal chain before my Ibanez AD-9, and it sounded really dark and dull at first. With the delay engaged, I got a boost in signal and a very increased treble that was missing before! I think some of you also described this, so I was almost expecting something like this to happen. It's probably something with the output impedance wanting to see a buffer. So I placed my tuner behind the Caveman and, behold - it came to life! No more change in sound with the delay engaged, and no more dull and quiet signal!

That was probably me complaining about a treble and gain boost when I engaged my delay, trem, or boost pedals which are all true bypass after the Caveman. I stuck my KTR with the buffer switch engaged after the Caveman and now everything is back to normal and works great.

Thanks for the tip and pointing me in the right direction or the Caveman would have been collecting dust or being flipped.

Phosphenetre

Ooops, links updated.

I know this is a Caveman love thread, but I was wondering if anyone could help me compare the Caveman to the Barber Small Fry/Burn Unit?

I'm looking primarily for smooth, warm, singing mid-gain lead tones, without much 'hair' in the tone. I know both the Caveman and the Small Fry/Burn Unit do these sounds. I saw Gino Matteo's demo and I loved the sound of the Caveman.

I also loved this demo of the Small Fry.

My impression so far is that the Small Fry/Burn Unit probably will be more versatile.

Can I get any comparisons of the two?

bambers

Daniel - I'm looking primarily for smooth, warm, singing mid-gain lead tones, without much 'hair' in the tone.

The caveman can do this very well.

goldtrek

Silver Supporting Member
Me too, I now have to begin not patiently waiting for it to arrive :)

Just wondering if you guys got any notice or contact about your initial payment arriving/ thank you for your purchase/ pedal is 10 weeks out for completion/ ....or anything like that?

Bigdrive501

I placed my order on 2/9, I received a message yesterday from paypal stating that shipping info was now available for my order. As far a the initial order, I didn't get a confirmation so I emailed Oddfellow and they confirmed they received it and also provided me with an approximate shipping time frame(response was almost immediate, great communication).... Hope this helps.

meterman

Just wondering if you guys got any notice or contact about your initial payment arriving/ thank you for your purchase/ pedal is 10 weeks out for completion/ ....or anything like that?

nope just the Paypal confirmation and then the notice that it's shipped.

phusana

Silver Supporting Member
what was the date that you all placed your order?

Order placed 2/11. Shipping notice @2:00 AM today. 6 weeks on the button, It should arrive Thursday. Of course, I have gig tomorrow (Wed) night that I would REALLY like to have this for.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
How do you have them set for each pickup type?

I'll take a picture of my board.

Basically, the one I use for humbuckers (bridge) leads is set at about 9:30, 9:30 and 9:00 and the strat one is about 10:00, 11:00 and 1:00.

I'm using my Divided By 13 BTR23 for our next show this Saturday night, which is an opening act thing (The Mavericks) and I can't take my usual two amp rig. So, the BTR23 is already cranked and the Cavemans just add more gain for solos.

michael.e

Daniel - I'm looking primarily for smooth, warm, singing mid-gain lead tones, without much 'hair' in the tone.

The caveman can do this very well.

It certainly can do this, but if you keep the boost on and use it with the regular OD, you can get some righteous stringy tones that articulate really well.

Super versatile pedal. I use it as an OD, I use it as a clean boost in to overdriving amps as well. It excels at that task as well.

One of the best pedals that this jaded player has played in years.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Coming back into this thread since I was the first post, (#2), to echo the OP's sentiments. I know there's no "one pedal fits all" for players. And I know that some may not bond with the Caveman, (I haven't read all 51 pages of this thread)....but I still can't believe how much time I can blow playing my Strat into one of my amps with the Caveman on. What this pedal does for my Single Channel low wattage amps is nothing short of perfect for me.

Anyway.....I posted my feelings about the Caveman back in January.....and a couple months later....I'm loving it more and more. Honeymoon Period? What's that....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom