• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Last three pedals in your chain?

d-rock

Trem > Boost/Preamp > Reverb

It's only that way because of the cables I currently have..I think I prefer
Boost/Preamp > Reverb > Trem

When the tremolo is last it is more pronounced, which I like.

tobereleased

Ignoring my looper (a Boss RC30 that conveniently sums to mono when needed) it's el cap -> deco -> flint.

The flint is running reveb into trem and the deco is usually set to modulation delay times, so it's

Delay -> modulation (and dirt) -> reverb -> more modulation.

Pretty easy to make sure the modulation doesn't get too washed out.

MoonshineMan

There are only three pedals on my pedalboard, so there you go:

Boss TU-2
MXR Phase 90
Maxon OD-9

:dunno
And I said not to list tuners. :)
I know there’s minimal setups here also. I’m emotionally prepared to handle the responses. I plug straight in plenty. If forced to choose between electric guitar and acoustic, I’d make a bonfire of my whole electric rig, while laughing and dancing around the pretty flames.

I know the standard pedal order is standard for a reason, but I imagine there are other cool ways to do it.
One guy on the board sticks a big muff in the loop. He digs it there. Go figure.

That’s the intended spirit of the thread.

But I’m building wood stuff right now, so I’ll have to drop back in later.

Tootone

Last 3 for me are always Mod->Delay->Reverb-->Amp.

Mod is usually a flanger, because it will also do chorus.

But if (on bigger board) Flanger into Chorus required (She Sells Sanctuary, Walking on the Moon etc), its a chorus.

Some swear having a compressor last is a good thing... and I can see the benefits, but never done this live.

Funky Monkey

Silver Supporting Member
Source Audio Nemesis
Source Audio Ventris
Supro Boost
Sometimes I turn on my amp's built-in reverb and tremolo, but usually only when I'm NOT using my board.

MoonshineMan

Last 3...
Ibanez AD9
to MXR CopyCat
to Voodoo Lab Tremolo
I love the VL trem! It was my only trem and used more than any of my pedals for years. It’s just so great in a band. I finally wanted a harmonic trem so I grabbed the Supro, but the bias trem doesn’t hold a candle to the VL. I’m keeping both. They both have top jacks and are easily swappable. When I redo my board, it’s gonna sit further back in the chain. I don’t know about last three, but close. It’ll probably be 4th to last, being trem, phaser (always slow), Flanger (always slow) and Topanga.

Boiller

I'm usually a phaser before drives guy but I'm really liking the Phase 95 at the end so: big box DMM > Mantic Proverb > Phase 95

Trending Topics