• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Last weeks aquisitions - Fender Content

glaswerks

Here are pics of a few of amps I bought last weekend. This is the second time I have owned the Vibroverb. Should have never sold it :).

1964 Vibroverb. A little tough, but she will shine after a little restoration work.

Dual Showman - Not sure of the year. Not sure what the hell I am going to do with it :)..

My trusty 66 Super Reverb. Bought this about 15 years ago at a garage sale for $75.00. Replaced grill and speakers (original speakers were long gone).

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
Naw, I want to haul it to at least one jam session :).

I don't like to cannabilize vintage gear to build amps. It is just wrong... I have done it and I felt bad :(.
I am glad you did. Top 3 best amp I have ever owned.

pinner

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet!! Where are you going to bring it to get it worked on LOL!!!!!!!

Mattbedrock

Gold Supporting Member
The Vibroverb is very cool looking. I have a bunch of Fenders, but I have never had the pleasure to play one of those. Is is solid state rectifier like a Bandmaster?

I certainly can help you with what to do with that Showman. PLAY IT!

I just finished building a 2 x 15 cab for mine. I can't believe the beautiful hifi cleans you get out of these things. Add a little compressor - heaven.

glaswerks

The Vibroverb is very cool looking. I have a bunch of Fenders, but I have never had the pleasure to play one of those. Is is solid state rectifier like a Bandmaster?

I just finished building a 2 x 15 cab for mine. I can't believe the beautiful hifi cleans you get out of these things. Add a little compressor - heaven.

That is really nice!!

... voodoosound... I remember a head like that once :).

Tone Loco

Gold Supporting Member
I have an old Fender that somebody must have spray painted the grill cloth on just like they did on that vibroverb, or they look really similar anyway. Although mine is a 69 so the grill cloth has a few places where it was rubbed and you can see some silvery stuff shining through.

Where are you going to go to replace the cloth? I'd like to get some authentic looking cloth for a 69 but its hard to tell from looking on the web who has stuff that will look right in person.

BTW you really got some nice looking amps and speakers there. Are you in a relatively non humid place? They all look dusty which is a lot better than rusty! Congrats.

glaswerks

Nice job on the cabinet, looks great.

The Vibroverb is tube rectified. The rectifier is not installed in the pictures (laying on the bottom of the cabinet). The Vibroverb tone is very fat :).

I used this amp for country music for years before selling it to my buddy in 1986. When he passed away a while back, his wife asked me if I would be interested in buying it back.

That Showman is so BIG. Got an email from a friend yesterday telling me that his band backed Chuck Berry in the 70's and he was using 3 of those amps. Holy cow!!

Trending Topics