Late '63 - '65 Strat Neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by eric-d, Dec 4, 2005.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

I'm thinking about building my own Strat, but I'm having trouble finding a company that builds a rosewood laminated maple neck of the late CBS-era. Does anyone know where I can find a nice replica? Thanks.

Eric

2. eric-d

eric-d Member

No one has any idea???? Please help!!

3. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

4. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

You talking about the curved lam-board that is bent along the fingerboard radius? I'm not aware of anyone who makes those.

5. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

B. Hefner Co.

or get one off of ebay. they are easy to find. I got a 62 replica, American made, but with a slightly heftier back shape, vintage size frets but taller, brazillian board, highly figured maple, and a nitro finish for 300 bucks.

seems pricey when you're looking at unfinished ones from Warmoth or wherever, or nitro finished Allparts necks, but...

Warmoth finished are costly and nitro is special order only and Allparts are made in Japan or some place over seas, I know they're not American made.

so, I think I got a pretty good deal. or if money isn't really an object, buy a 65 relic neck from the Stratosphere. they have quite a few.

6. Improviser

Improviser Supporting Member

Early Tokai rosewood fingerboard Str@ts were made like this. Perhaps you could pick one up off ebay.....

7. eric-d

eric-d Member

What is Stratosphere?

8. highgeer

highgeer Member

I sm a huge fan of thos early curved boards, and Scott Lentz is the only person I know of that makes his necks that way. I'm not sure if he sells tham as parts, but if he does, it is exactly what you are looking for.

Mike

9. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

it is an eBay Store. All they do is sell authentic Fender guitar parts, not licensed stuff, but the real deal. these guys sell a ton of inventory but if they don't have one listed, just shoot them an email. i've bought several smaller items from them, but regularly see the 65 relic necks. oh yeah, check their feedback too, 10,000+ sales and nearly perfect feedback.

10. woof*

woof* Member

i have four tokai necks made this way, and for the same reasons you are looking for one. all of mine have been refretted with jumbos. if i was looking for this type of neck tokai are very good especially the 78-79 springy's.

11. jetlag

jetlag Member

Check out musikraft's website. They offer a "0.095 inch veneer" option for an additional $35.

12. eric-d

eric-d Member

That's perfect!!!! Thanks !!! :D