Late to the game RMC4 Wah

Abram4235

Silver Supporting Member
I just sold my rmc8, I didn't think the eq made much of a difference. I'll pick up either a rmc4 or rmc10 when I buy another.

jaymeister

The RMC4 is just a terrific wah. I've had the original run Picture Wah (gray case, gray treadle) and recently acquired the new "long case" version. Geoffrey got it right with the RMC4!
How does the RMC4 compare to the old version Pic wah?

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
How does the RMC4 compare to the old version Pic wah?
There was a period of several years between them, but they were both awesome. Geoffrey's wahs seem to have a certain sweetness & harmonic brilliance to the upper mids & treble. Maybe it's his inductors... I don't know.

If you're interested in a Pic Wah, I'd just go for the newest version since it has the sweep toggle beneath the treadle which makes it a bit more versatile.

jaymeister

There was a period of several years between them, but they were both awesome. Geoffrey's wahs seem to have a certain sweetness & harmonic brilliance to the upper mids & treble. Maybe it's his inductors... I don't know.

If you're interested in a Pic Wah, I'd just go for the newest version since it has the sweep toggle beneath the treadle which makes it a bit more versatile.
Thanks, I have an original Picture Wah, pre ROHS and have added the Foxrox wah retrofit...I agree, he makes a great wah.

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a used one, Blue and white. I think what e-flat said about the "sweetness" nails it. It seems like it makes my OD sound even better.

Trending Topics