Lately Love TREM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

any personally fav tremolo pedals ?? Menatone sounds nice, anything else?

2. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

3. exodus

exodus Member

swamp thang for vintage fender stuff. It really adds a cool vibe thats hard to describe... more than just a trem

the boss tr-2 is pretty good, I like Keeley's mod

I also have a boss pn-2? I think its the PN-2... its a stereo panner but does tremolo as well. I like it mainly for its insane chop sounds.

4. fractal

fractal Member

I'm waiting for one of these along with a Teaser Stallion in the mail now. I've been looking for a tremolo pedal (and an "over-the-top" distortion) for a while, and I think I'm going to be REALLY happy.

-Garrett

5. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Had a Tremulator and Tremodillo... now I'm loving the Kaden Fluttertone. I'm a big fan of the sine wave... have no need for choppy machine-gun effects. Although, I did have the rate increased and the vol. knob moved. Best sounding trem I've experienced. Luscious.

-Ben
    [​IMG]

6. Seegs

Seegs Member

I've heard a few nice ones but when I heard the Toneczar Powerglide I was hooked and had to have one...I am now on the waiting list which is great cause I can gradually save for it;)

Chow,
    Seegs

7. granite

granite Member

I just ordered one these. I'm becoming a big fan of Kaden.

8. b_rad

b_rad Supporting Member

Me too. Great build quality at very good prices. Jason at Kaden is a really cool guy as well.

This is a good time to be a trem fan. :) There are really solid stand bys that have been around for a while now like the Swamp Thang and Tremit, plus killer new pedals like the Semaphore and the Fluttertone. Whether you want choppy or smooth or both it's out there. :)

9. Cary Chilton

kaden, catalinbread, menatone. Which is the BEST???

10. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

definitely not the menatone. I wasn't very impressed with it. Brian Mena makes alot of great drive pedals, but I just didn't like the Pleasure Trem.

I haven't heard the Kaden, but it seems like it leans more to the vintage style trem. The Catalinbread will be the most versatile as it can get extremely choppy or nice, smooth and amp like. I'm very impressed with it! Plus, it has a volume knob on it and that is always a good thing. :)

11. mprvise

mprvise Member

My favorite trem of all time is in one of my amps (JJ-30). Unfortunately I can't take that with me everywhere I play. I'm also a fan of the Fender amp trem (Vibroverb, Vibrolux, etc).

So I'm trying to pick the best pedal type trem unit for me, and you guys are making it VERY difficult! :) I'm down to the Kaden, the Flip, and the Swamp Thang. All sound like great trem units, but someone please help me out here - which sounds the most convicingly like a good amp trem?

12. granite

granite Member

Hey I bought the Fluttertone and Flamingo from you yesterday/today! Good to see you on the board.

Craig

13. Cary Chilton

I have been hearing and reviewing these top choices of non tube trem pedals ( I have literally been reading HUNDREDS of reviews on the net).

Here are the popular ones:

THe Swamp Thang at:

http://monstereffects.net/

THe Semaphore Catlinabread at:

http://catalinbread.com/pedals.html

Or The Fluttertone at:

http://www.kadeneffects.com/fluttertone.htm

IMO the swamp thang has ultra fine tuned speed control and nice bottom response. The Kaden is more top shimmery. What do you all think? BTW I haven't heard the semaphore yet. anyone find any clips?

14. b_rad

b_rad Supporting Member

Likewise. :)

15. granite

granite Member

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I hope you are safe and sound and that Katrina didn't hit you too hard.

Any ETA on stock of the Semaphore Catlinabread? I might be interested in comparing it to the fluttertone.

16. Improviser

Improviser Supporting Member

For me the Swamp Thang is outstanding for sounding very amp-like, especially live. It does have a narrower range of sounds and less 'bells and whistles' than some other trem units. However the tones that it does have are exceptional and would be representative of the very best Fender tweed/brown trem tones and Ampeg trem tones that I've heard.

Haven't had a chance to try the Kaden.

Geoff

17. Cary Chilton

from the clip I heard, I would agree with Geoff. Still no dang clips on the new Semaphore.

18. granite

granite Member

This vibe review might be on interest to you. It is missing a lot of the choices you are considering but still fun to read and listen to the clips.

http://www.muzique.com/trem.htm

19. Antero

Antero Member

You dudes left out the Demeter Tremulator!