Latest Lovepedal High Power Tweed Twin -- different from the prior version?

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
I get the occasional Lovepedal emails (but I don't think that qualifies me for the SNS Brotherhood :cool:) and this latest $225 High Power Tweed Twin pedal caught my eye.

But is it any different than the $159 HPTT pedal LP used to offer?

tbrook

Can't help with the comparison, I never used the V1(I have a current version en route)

Join in on the SNS, it's a bunch of fun!

jAcKoFsPeEd

Way over priced from what I can see.......I like going back to the side jacks, but don't like the looks of that new LED that their starting to use on a few of the newer pedals(like on Mr. Black pedals?).

Last edited:

coltonius

Señor Member
I get the occasional Lovepedal emails (but I don't think that qualifies me for the SNS Brotherhood :cool:) and this latest $225 High Power Tweed Twin pedal caught my eye.

Psh. Do you love pedals? Do you love Lovepedal? Do you love Lovepedal pedals??

You're in! :beer

Zeon45

Great pedal and probably not much different from the HPTT offered a few years ago. Unfortunately, like everything else, prices have gone up, substantially.

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
I'll find out in few days.

I've heard good online demos, but I've also read negative posts about it being too bright or too loud. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

MAGICboy

Can't help with the comparison, I never used the V1(I have a current version en route)

Join in on the SNS, it's a bunch of fun!

Yes
These aren't surface mount.
I'm using thru hole with the larger parts. The V1 has ceramic caps where the V2 has film caps

These take a bit more labor to create and I am not stuck into the smd limited resistors and caps choices.

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
Yes
These aren't surface mount.
I'm using thru hole with the larger parts. The V1 has ceramic caps where the V2 has film caps

These take a bit more labor to create and I am not stuck into the smd limited resistors and caps choices.
Well, I guess that definitely answers my question. Thanks. :)

coltonius

Señor Member
I have both! The short answer is, apart from size and SMT vs. Thru-hole, the differences are negligible. Especially with humbuckers or high output pickups.

Having said that, the V2 is a bit more aggressive when both are dialed in by ear, whereas the V1 is a little smoother and rounder. But again, you'd really have to be listening to tell the difference!

Laro

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a Les Lius here in the Emporium to get me started on that path. We'll see how it goes. :)
Great pedal. I brought a used one long time ago and definitely a favorite. You will see.

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
Great pedal. I brought a used one long time ago and definitely a favorite. You will see.
Actually, I already sold it.

I really liked it, but I found its sweet spot required too much volume for most of my playing situations. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to really use one, but not today.

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I love the HPTT v2. Got it last week - great on its own wide open or with my volume rolled back, and great with a SickAs feeding it to really goose it. Great pedal!

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I just randomly found the pre-order link while searching. Are these still shipping/available?

tedm

Just got one, a 2 knob with 3 position toggle. Completely different tone than the recent Deluxe 5E3 lovepedal, but has great sounds on it's own, much tamer and more defined than the Deluxe.

Trending Topics