Lava Cable at Muscians Friend?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LilSteve, Jan 10, 2008.

1. LilSteve

LilSteve Member

Whats this I see? Lava Cable at MF? Do they actually have stock? Or do they send Mark a special order?

2. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

This is correct. I have a version of my Lava ELC cable called the Lava ELC Clear Connect Cable that uses G&H Industries Pure Plug - this plug is hydraulically and mechanically crimped on without solder at their factory in Michigan improving signal transmission by removing two metal transitions - the solder at both ends of the cable.

This cable is available only through dealers and not sold on my website. I will be debuting it at NAMM along with my Solder-Free Pedal Board kit.

3. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Congrats, Mark.
    Great News, IMO! :)

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Cool...that seems to be the same deal as the Zaolla Artist Line; different cable I know.

5. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

good for you mark! keep up the great work!

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

Any reason the price doubles just for switching one right-angle plug for a straight? Am I misreading something? I was all about to buy, but need a straight for my Strat...and whoa, got confused by MF's pricing.

7. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Very Cool .. will be ordering some soon !!

8. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too. Silver Supporting Member

Um, not to throw a monkey wrench into the plans of MF (and awesome job Mark for getting place there ... that's huge), but I believe this is the same type of lava cable that can be ordered from www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com for much cheaper.

I got my Lava Cable from them (excellent service and really fast shipping) and the 12' straight to straight was about $20 less than MF. Though the pic on the site is different, the cable I got from PPEW is the same as shown on MF. And it's a great cable.

9. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

They need to raise their prices...I will be in contact with them...