Lava Cable Comparison ...

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
I've been buying all my cables from Mark the past few years. I always buy a 10' and 12' of the same cable, as one goes from pedal-to-amp and the other goes from guitar-to-pedal. I try to minimize cable length, think of how much room I need on a stage or at practice, and go with what I think sounds best with the rig of choice.

Today, I took delivery of a 10' and 12' Lava Tweed. I really dig it. A lot.

Here are the three pairs I have, with a pic of one from each model:

Lava Ultramafic Frigging monstrous sounding cable. Uber-clear tone/sound. Great balance of impedence and clarity ... without being overly harsh. REALLY stiff cable though. (left in the photo)

Ultramafic Flex Supposed to be a flexible version of the Ultramafic. It's certainly more flexible, but IMHO does not quite have the clarity of the Ultramafic. (middle in the photo)

Tweed Great clarity; not far from the Ultramafic. A bit less expensive, but far more flexible as a cable. (right in the photo)

They are all really nice. Great job Mark.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Totally agree with you about the Ultramalific stiffer version vs the Flex.
Just received the Flex in the mail a couple of days ago. Thought I was imagining things.
Interesting to read you feel the same way ...

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Totally agree with you about the Ultramalific stiffer version vs the Flex.
Just received the Flex in the mail a couple of days ago. Thought I was imagining things.
Interesting to read you feel the same way ...
Interestingly, I find the Tweed to be closer to the Ultramafic than the Flex.

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
I was disappointed on how much darker the Flex is. I love my regular Ultramafics but they get in the way when gigging.

Trending Topics