Lava Cable Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Campfired, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

Currently using Planet Waves Cable Kit and 6-inch production Planet Waves connections. Would like to clean up the connections on my board, but am concerned about introducing noise into the circuit.

Do Lava cables provide quality connections with little or low noise in the circuit?

If yes, this may by my next project: replacing my Planet Waves connectors with Lava cables....

2. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

I noticed my signal was a lot clearer and quieter since switching to Lava's from George L's. The cables were a little harder to make, but they worked first try every time. The quality is a lot better than I was expecting.

3. Campfired

Thanks. I've worked with George L's in the past, but the signal clarity wasn't up to my standards.

Just purchased 2 Lava cable kits from amazon, should arrive next week.

Hope to give my effects board a makeover review once complete.

I've noticed many folks employ Lava cables on their boards. (My feeling that those particular boards looks clean and neat was the reason for my purchasing Lava)

My Planet Waves connectors that aren't plugged into my One Control will remain. The connections to the One Control will receive the makeover.

Will also try to find additional Lava .155 cable online in case of operator error. And that could happen. One reason why I need to clean up the board, it's slightly messy just now...

4. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

I also moved from George L to Lava and noticed more high end (what some would probably call "clarity") and a great reduction in noise. Not that the GL's were just buzzing all about, but they weren't quiet. These Lava cables are.

5. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

EA SIS Monorail FTW.

6. Campfired

What I am looking for: cleaner with better high end clarity.

Not bad for the price, either...Was tempted to let my PRS S2 SC HB AW leave the fold because of lack of high-end clarity. Now willing to try the Lava cables and check these out...

Had thought about these, but pricier.

7. Stonebandit

Stonebandit Member

Which lava kits did you get?
    I have got the Tightrope Series and am very happy with sound and sturdiness of the kit.
    A Breeze to set up - just watch the online video - and you are good to go.

You've love the new profile plugs on any of the kits. Totally neat look and clear sound.

8. BathTimeStrummer

BathTimeStrummer Supporting Member

+1 Evidence Audio Monorails with SIS connectors. Super easy, solderless, every cable I assembled worked great and clear as a bell---and, I'm a total hack at this kinda' stuff.